NextPVR Forums

Full Version: channels renumbered when ONE channel is added?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have multiple playlists as sources for NextPVR. One I call "local.m3u" this one is all fixed streams and I can add an additional single fixed stream to it easily. It sits on the same Pi that is running NextPVR and is made available to NextPVR via Apache2 using 'localhost'.

If I customize a channel number like say I put ch 40 "XYZ TV" from this list at channel 10, then later I add a channel to this list, then click "update",  all customizations to XYZ TV's name and Channel number are lost. Not only are they lost to that one channel  'XYZ TV' but to ALL channels I have customized on that m3u source! Names are restored to original and new channel (not even the original channel number) is assigned. It is actually quite crazy behavior , well beyond unexpected but absolutely illogical. 

Maybe there is a way around this?

Isn't this what a database is for, keeping tack of original name and new overwritten name?

It like so many other things in most of these darn PVR back-ends make no sense whatsoever.

Mark
If the names are fixed they will update in place.  If you want you can force a channel number tvg-chno="123"and that lets the name change too.

Complaining about NextPVR so often doesn't buy you any favors.  Next time I will add you to my ignore list

Martin