NextPVR Forums

Full Version: multi-tuner error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD-ATSC tuner card installed. I am recording a show on one ATSC channel, and when I try to tune a 2nd channel I receive an error "Unexpected error on LocalRecorder.StartStream(): System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."  Attached are my logs.  Is there a setting in config.xml that I am missing to get my 4 tuners to work?   thanks.
You are experiencing a common problem your channels are merged properly usually found after rescanning. Assuming adapter 0 is ok delete all the channels from 1 through 3 with the trash can and then open them up and copy when prompted.

Martin
Thank you for your help, Martin.

I tried your solution as you suggested (delete all channels except for adapter0, got the 'copy' dialog, copied) and the problem still persists.  Just for kicks, I deleted ALL channels from all adapters 0-3, rescanned, and then copied.  No luck.

However, I seemed to have isolated the problem a bit (I think).  If I record one channel and attempt to tune to watch another channel with the same affiliation, then everything works as expected.  Example: my locale has six "channel 10" affiliations (10.1 - 10.6).  I can record on 10.1, watch 10.2, and it tunes successfully.  I have smoke-tested this for several other combinations and everything works.

Are there any other ideas with this new information?
I'd need to see the zipped logs and you should include the /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter*.conf file in the zip.

Martin
Here is what I did: 

1. 2022-06-06 17:51:36.069 - started recording channel 10.1 ..
  2. 2022-06-06 17:53:07.001 - successfully tuned to channel 10.2.  Then I stopped it and went back to the guide.
  3. 2022-06-06 17:55:06.618 - failed to tune channel 6.1

Attached are the logs and the one `adapter` file that I found.

Thanks again Martin

John
If there is only one adapter file then I am unsure if you did the delete and copy steps that I asked you do to. I only saw the rescan of adapter0.

You might have to unmerge them sub would need to clarify if deleting does that.

It they are merged then running this might do it.

Code:
sudo cp /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-ATSC-channels.conf /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter1-ATSC-channels.conf
sudo cp /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-ATSC-channels.conf /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter2-ATSC-channels.conf
sudo cp /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-ATSC-channels.conf /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter3-ATSC-channels.conf

However you have lost some channels in this scan so if they are really gone remove the from adapter0 first. If they are weak, that is a different issue.

Code:
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [WOSU-HD] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [Decades] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [Grit   ] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [Mystery] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [GetTV  ] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [COZI TV] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [CTV    ] (not found in most recent scan)
2022-06-06 12:46:53.387    [DEBUG][15]    ...using existing tuning for [Weather] (not found in most recent scan)

Martin
(2022-06-06, 10:29 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]If there is only one adapter file then I am unsure if you did the delete and copy steps that I asked you do to.  I only saw the rescan of adapter0. 

Sorry Martin I misunderstood you.  I did not rescan after the copy dialog.

My tuner and antenna seems to be acting "strangely", so I got this to work by using a variation of your file-copy hack, that is, re-scanning each of the tuners and copying the adapter1-ATSC-channels.conf file (with the most channels found) to the other 3.  recording and watching simultaneously seem to be working great now.  Thanks for your help
You should not be rescanning more than once on a singled tuner device, that might be causing the issue. Get one working (I use 0) scan as a master and then delete with the trash can and copy the others when needed. Hopefully you don't need to scan often.

Martin