NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NScriptHelper.dll -service:setting.m3u.update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I am in need of a method of refreshing the URLs provided in my IPTV M3U file daily. My provider updates the URLs with new access tokens daily. 

I've read an old post regarding "NScriptHelper.dll -serviceConfusedetting.m3u.update". This sounds like it's what I need but is it still supported? When I execute it on my Ubuntu 20.04 server I get a 404 error. The post I read was old, maybe the syntax or parameters have changed? 

Is there some other method I could call from a script to update the URLs on my channel list in NPVR?

I'm running NVPR 5.2.7.220410 on this Ubuntu server.

ken@ubuntu:/var/opt/nextpvr/scripts$ /opt/dotnet/dotnet /opt/nextpvr/system/NScriptHelper.dll -serviceConfusedetting.m3u.update
[1] Unexpected error with service: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
  at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
  at NScriptHelper.Program.GetService(String service)
ken@ubuntu:/var/opt/nextpvr/scripts$

Thanks!
No and I think this is still valid https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid560456 Most people don't want thousand of URL's added.

Perhaps use xteve to proxy this type of m3u file.

Martin
(2022-06-14, 10:28 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]No and I think this is still valid https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid560456  Most people don't want thousand of URL's added.

Perhaps use xteve to proxy this type of m3u file.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I'm not adding thousands of URLs, just updating the ~400 I subscribe to in the M3U file. Each night these ~400 channels change URLs so I would simply like to have NPVR refresh the URLs from the latest published M3U. That's all.

I just don't know why I've getting a 404 error when I run the command. There's nothing at all in any logs that I can find.

Thanks
Ken
If you run this instead, does it make a difference?

dotnet NScriptHelper.dll -service:method=setting.m3u.update
With that you need

<PinLoginAllowSettings>true</PinLoginAllowSettings>

And it will load every channel in every m3u plus I find updates can wipe out groups or EPG mapping.

I don't think it supports #EXTVLCOPT either after looking at the disaster this made of my test system.

Martin
(2022-06-15, 01:02 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]With that you need

Yes, you do need that in config.xml.

Quote:I don't think it supports #EXTVLCOPT either after looking at the disaster this made of my test system.
What was your source specifying in EXTVLCOPT?

I'm not overly surprised. Behind the scenes, this function is no longer used in NextPVR. The manual 'update m3u' works differently (effectively an import, and merging with any channels already saved)
It was a user agent override

Martin
(2022-06-15, 12:52 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]If you run this instead, does it make a difference?

dotnet NScriptHelper.dll -service:method=setting.m3u.update

Hi Sub,

No I need the full paths because I do not have dotnet 3.1 or the NScriptHelper.dll in my path.

This does work in my PostProcessing script. So I'm pretty sure my runtime environment is OK.

/opt/dotnet/dotnet /opt/nextpvr/system/NScriptHelper.dll  -rename "$1" "$outfile"

ken@ubuntu:/var/opt/nextpvr/scripts$ /opt/dotnet/dotnet --info
  It was not possible to find any installed .NET Core SDKs
  Did you mean to run .NET Core SDK commands? Install a .NET Core SDK from:
      https://aka.ms/dotnet-download

Host (useful for support):
  Version: 3.1.25
  Commit:  9165b88e05

.NET Core SDKs installed:
  No SDKs were found.

.NET Core runtimes installed:
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.23 [/opt/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.25 [/opt/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.23 [/opt/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
  Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.25 [/opt/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]

To install additional .NET Core runtimes or SDKs:
  https://aka.ms/dotnet-download
(2022-06-15, 01:02 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]With that you need

And it will load every channel in every m3u plus I find updates can wipe out groups or EPG mapping.

I don't think it supports #EXTVLCOPT either after looking at the disaster this made of my test system.

Martin

Ok, I stopped nextpvr-server, changed that setting in config.xml and re-started nextpvr-server. Unfortunately the script still gives me a 404 error. My M3U does not have #EXTVLCOPT tags so I should be fine there. I'm going to try to log network traffic to see if I can determine what URL it's attempting to get.
You will need to use /opt/dotnet/dotnet with the deb installer since I separated it from the distro version as I wasn't sure it would be compatible. Sub's instruction was generic.

Send your zipped logs and we can have a look.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3