NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tablo Quad OTA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tablo Quad tuner is on sale for $130 US https://us-store.tablotv.com/collections...808b2a3e21

For the Quad tuner do you know if the current NextPVR Tablo extra would work?

Thanks
I can't say for yes with certainty not having testing it but I do have some code in the extra where if the extra determines if should default to 2 or 4 tuners based on the returned model number.

Martin
Thanks Martin.

I'm disappointed with my HDHR Flex 4K. One TV channel has issues with signal quality no matter what antenna configuration I try.

Tablo tuner works much better. ATSC 3 is years away for my area anyway.
I have about 10 atsc tuners including 2 HDHRs and the TabloTV is best by far. After I bought mine I found they are a local company I will see if they can lend me one.

Martin
Ordered a Tablo Quad Saturday and received it today (Wednesday).

Tablo Extra worked fine with the Quad without any issues. Started four recordings and verified all the tuners were being used by NextPVR.
@VCR58 I forgot to ask how does it deal with the problem channel? It might be a different tuner.

Martin
The problem channel on the HDHR was not a problem with the Tablo Dual. I believe that channel is in the upper end of the UHF band.

Since it worked well with the Tablo Dual I went ahead and ordered the Tablo Quad. Now that it's set up it works great with all the channels.

I don't know why the HDHR had such a problem with that channel. It might be that it's sensitive to multi-path signals. The best antenna for the HDHR was an omnidirectional one.
I think they are the same tuner. Both Dual and Quad report version 2.2.40.

The Quad is physically bigger so probably has more hardware.
I think the software could be the same version, but it probably needs to use different tuner h/w and antenna configuration to be able to tune and transcode 4 different frequencies

Martin
Tablo forums have a brief discussion on Tabo Dual vs Quad https://community.tablotv.com/t/did-anyo...quad/24451 The moderator mentions they use amplified splitting of the antenna which compensates for the extra loss of another split in the Quad.

I considered getting 2 Duals rather than a Quad but I would have to use a passive splitter to share the same antenna, so I would loose 3.5dB going to each device. In addition a Quad is a little cheaper than 2 Duals.
Pages: 1 2