NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Docker HDHR users please read.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently there have been issues for many SiliconDust users with server API"s which have been temporarily reverted  but it appears that all users have until the end of 2022 to upgrade an unreleased  version after sub changes v6 to a newer discovery protocol.  I am not sure of the impact on v4 but sub will need to comment.  Both will work for the short term.

For short term mitigation, if you don't add new devices, or change IP's and are happy with your setup I recommend that v5 or v6 change the general setting to not to scan tuners on startup.

Here are two very relevant quotes from the SiliconDust forum.

Quote:The cloud assisted discover API was deprecated a while back and will be removed completely at the end of 2022.

Note that it will likely be useless before then as HDHomeRun tuners upgrade to IPv6.

Quote:I have restored the LocalIP value and I have restored the forced-ipv4 handling so it should should be back working for the moment. Please note however that this discovery mechanism is deprecated and will only return HDHomeRun devices that connected to the guide server using IPv4. Starting with the next beta release all gen5 and newer models will support connecting via IPv6 and if they connect via IPv6 they will not show up in this deprecated discover API.

Don't shoot the messenger, if you have comments direct them to the SiliconDust forum.

Martin
After a discussion with sub it turns out that the issue is not that bad for everyone, since NextPVR will do the required UDP broadcast when necessary. The users having issues were using Docker and only Docker users in bridged mode will be impacted.

A workaround for devices when discovery fails for ipv6 devices on Docker was posted here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid577770

Martin