NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Moving, best path forward for OTA lave and recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I will probably go with the Tablo.

The signals are strong here, antennas are mostly on a nearby mountain about 19 miles. However, one may be in opposite direction.

If I get quad and cannot get that signal, can I attach two antenna at different orientations with a splitter? Or am I better off with two Duos with separate antenna?

If one orientation gets them all, can I attach two duo's to same antenna (I suspect this is an easy "yes", though the power may be diminished with a splitter)

Sorry, I am new to this OTA stuff, last house was in a canyon, digital OTA never worked at all due to mountains.

Cost of two Duo is only about $10 more than one quad at the renewed site. Thinking two Duos would give me most flexibility, but could cost more in antenna if one orientation works.

Thanks again
Chuck

Thanks
Chuck
Two antennas with a signal combiner is not as good as two antennas with separate leads.. That is what I use but that is basically because I test so many combinations I need some flexibility.

The HDHR would be the better choice if you ever wanted to use another PVR. Fortunately both Amazon and Tablo have reasonable return policies, I wouldn't buy them before you move.

Martin
I have a similar situation with towers in opposite directions. My Tablo Dual antenna is pointing SE and my HDHR Flex4 antenna is pointing NW.

I agree with Martin. Best to have separate tuners going to each antenna.

Since your towers are so close you might be able to use an omnidirectional antenna and pick up the signals from every direction. Then you could use a quad.

OTA is hard to predict results. In the end you don't want any tuner devices that are not being used.
Thanks again
Chuck
Pages: 1 2