NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cant record series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to v6.1.1.221106 yesterday and all seemed OK at the time.  Before upgrading I also updated my RPi4B to the lastest Buster components with sudo apt update / sudo apt full-upgrade. I also noticed that there was an update to my HDHomeRun Quatro device so, once the NextPVR updates had completed, I applied the HDHomeRun update (to 20221031) and retuned the device to pick up the new UK FreeView channels that have appeared recently.  As I am never sure in this case if NextPVR would pick up the new channels I deleted all my devices and channels before readding and scanning for the new channels followed by a manual EPG update.  There would also have been the normal automated EPG Update which occurred at 07:01 this morning.

This morning I noticed that one of the films I had scheduled to record yesterday after the upgrades had failed, this often happens after the type of upgrades applied above.  I removed all my existing scheduled recordings and reapplied them via the web app.  This was when I noticed that future single recordings rescheduled without any problem but future series recordings (Coronation Street and Emmerdale) were not being saved.  Looking at the logs NextPVR seems to think that I already have these recordings but that they have been deleted:

2022-11-07 09:23:30.078 [DEBUG][95] LoadListingsMatchingTitle(channel=9529,title=Emmerdale)
2022-11-07 09:23:30.082 [DEBUG][95] - Potential episode at: 07/11/2022 19:30:00
2022-11-07 09:23:30.084 [DEBUG][95]   ...check IsValid()
2022-11-07 09:23:30.084 [DEBUG][95]   ...already got this episode: EP012568686940 (recently deleted)
2022-11-07 09:23:30.084 [DEBUG][95]   ...already got this episode scheduled
2022-11-07 09:23:30.084 [DEBUG][95] - Potential episode at: 08/11/2022 19:30:00
2022-11-07 09:23:30.086 [DEBUG][95]   ...check IsValid()
2022-11-07 09:23:30.086 [DEBUG][95]   ...already got this episode: EP012568686941 (recently deleted)
2022-11-07 09:23:30.086 [DEBUG][95]   ...already got this episode scheduled

I have also attached the full logs for you to see.

Regards.

Chris
No that means you deleted these recordings manually either a real recording or a pending recording.

You can either empty the history or using sqlite3 you can clear those specific entries out

delete from recently_deleted where unique_identifier = 'EP012568686940'
delete from recently_deleted where unique_identifier = 'EP012568686941'

Martin
Martin

Thanks the SQL script to correct this issue.  

I don't think I should need to resort to SQL scripting to put this right though.  This was something which might happen at any time. I deleted future scheduled series recordings because I noted a potential problem, this should not prevent me from putting it right.  The 'faulty' scheduled series recordings were deleted via the app so I should be able to put back the corrected series recording schedules via the same route.  I can do this for a single recording why not for a series recording ?

Chris
I think sub's approach is perfect, if I delete an upcoming recording today I don't want to have to delete it every day for 2 weeks, typically the conflict or whatever won't go away. Sub did make a change for me for the recently deleted table and you can actually view the show metadata for the ID. Perhaps a long term feature request l when sub would have time would be to offer a GUI to manage this table.

To correct them manual recordings will still work and this is the best way to work to work around deleted pending recordings.

Martin
(2022-11-07, 06:19 PM)ceejayemm Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I should need to resort to SQL scripting to put this right though.  This was something which might happen at any time. I deleted future scheduled series recordings because I noted a potential problem, this should not prevent me from putting it right.  The 'faulty' scheduled series recordings were deleted via the app so I should be able to put back the corrected series recording schedules via the same route.  I can do this for a single recording why not for a series recording ?

Chris,

I believe that if you had simply deleted the Recurring Recording instead of specific instances which had been scheduled from the Recurring Recording, you would have been fine. (I'm quite sure that this action does not put any individual episodes in the Recently Deleted table.) And when you again set up the series (Recurring) recording, then the episodes would have scheduled just fine.

As you noted, when you schedule a specific episode for recording, it will be marked for recording--whether or not it is in the Recently Deleted table. So you can do that to force any episode to record--whether it was originally a single recording or a series recording.
Brett

You are correct. If I delete the Related Recording, as opposed to each Pending scheduled future recording, then yes I can simply go back to the Guide and setup the corrected series recording as I needed to do. 

This then begs a future feature request.  Would it be possible to bring together the Related Recordings and the Pending scheduled future recordings into one place to make this clearer ? May be show the Related Recording followed by a list of Pending scheduled future recordings with the option to delete the Related Recording (and all related Pending Recordings) OR one (or more) Pending Recordings which only deletes the individual Pending recording.

For Example:

Emmerdale  (Related Recording)                    <--- Deleting here deletes the Related Recording and all Pending Recordings
     Pending 19:30 08/11/2022                       <--- Deleting here only deletes the individual Pending recording
     Pending 19:30 09/11/2022
     Pending 19:30 10/11/2022
     Pending 19:30 11/11/2022
Coronation Street  (Related Recording)
     Pending 20:00 09/11/2022
     Pending 20:00 11/11/2022

I know this functionality already exists but its on two separate screens, bringing it altogether as above would make it clearer to understand what needs to be deleted and the consequences of each type of deletion.

Thanks for everybody's help in resolving this issue.

Regards.

Chris
(2022-11-08, 09:18 AM)ceejayemm Wrote: [ -> ]This then begs a future feature request.  Would it be possible to bring together the Related Recordings and the Pending scheduled future recordings into one place to make this clearer ? May be show the Related Recording followed by a list of Pending scheduled future recordings with the option to delete the Related Recording (and all related Pending Recordings) OR one (or more) Pending Recordings which only deletes the individual Pending recording.

You're welcome to submit that as a feature request. But, I would say that it is extremely unlikely that sub would make such a significant change to the display of pending recordings. He might be willing to add a menu option on a pending recording (which is an occurrence of a recurring recording) to "Cancel Recurring" in addition to Cancel [this specific occurrence].
(2022-11-08, 09:18 AM)ceejayemm Wrote: [ -> ]This then begs a future feature request.  Would it be possible to bring together the Related Recordings and the Pending scheduled future recordings into one place to make this clearer ? May be show the Related Recording followed by a list of Pending scheduled future recordings with the option to delete the Related Recording (and all related Pending Recordings) OR one (or more) Pending Recordings which only deletes the individual Pending recording.

Remember there are multiple clients for NextPVR so bringing them all together is a steep piece of work for something that is not too significant.

I do see that you use Kodi where you do already have an option to edit/delete the master timer from an upcoming recording time so maybe you are better off managing this via Kodi.  I actually find this use case confusing in Kodi even with the feature enabled.

Martin