NextPVR Forums

Full Version: During recording, time remaining is extremely large
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Client: v3.3.21.1
Platform: RPI 4 running libreELEC 9.2.8
Kodi: 18.9
Next PVR backend: Version: 6.1.0.221017
Backend OS: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS x86_64
EPG: Schedules Direct

When I record, sometimes the end time shows up as much further out than expected. In the images shown, you'll see that the program runs from 07:00 to 09:00. The final recordings are all 2 hours long and have very similar file sizes. But for some reason, during recording, the remaining time is many days beyond what it should be.

Any idea what could be going on? I've restarted the RPI and the backend.
[Image: ob8gG4c.jpg]

[Image: t4oQUcK.jpg]
First check with the Estuary skin to see if this is a skin problem.  

Martin
Still happens in Estuary
[Image: IHCTLYb.jpg]

I've attached the nrecord.log from this morning. The program in the image starts at 07:00, around line 16,132.
Do you have multiple machines using NextPVR or another programs running NextPVR? There are Schedules Direct errors during the EPG update plus it appears that many of you channels don't have EPG listing.

Also is the problem only on in-progress recordings? If so does this get "fixed" when you restart playback after the recording is finished? There were a few changes in-progress recordings for Matrix and Nexus and you are using the unsupported Leia version. Normally I would ask for Kodi debug logs but I would only bother investigating further if you used Matrix or Nexus so I didn't ask. If you want to test a new SD with LE10 or LE11 and the problem continues I can help further.

Martin
Thanks for the quick reply Martin. I can answer some of your questions now.

I have just 1 backend and 1 client, specs listed in first post.

The EPG listing for my region comes from SD and seems to update my OTA channels fine. I noticed virtual channel 7 isn't in the SD package, so I have it try to use the guide delivered through the antenna. I also added an IPTV source a few weeks ago, so I don't know if this is part of the issue.

The issue is only during in-progress recordings. When the recording is done, the length displays correctly and everything looks as it should.

In the coming days, I'll upgrade Kodi to the matrix version and see if the issue continues.
OK it appears you have an SD problem so upgrading to 6.1.1 might give some more log info, but it won't help the problem. If you using T-Mobile I think there is a know issue. I would open a support issue with Schedules Direct (not the forum, the lineup issue)

What do you have as the EPG source for IPTV? If you don't have data Kodi will spam the server if you don't have it set to None. You can do this for IPTV with Automap. This will impact performance of the client an server.

Martin
I don't use IPTV, it was installed more as a curiosity, so I can remove that source to eliminate it as a factor. I'm not near the client right now, so I can't answer the question about IPTV EPG source.

I don't use T-Mobile (the wireless carrier?) to my knowledge, just fiber through a local ISP. Everything in this infrastructure is hard wired if that matters.

Admittedly, I didn't read the fine print and assumed Kodi upgrades included major upgrades. That assumption was wrong, so I'll try the upgrade and see how that goes.

I'm curious about what you mean by "SD problem". Is there a section in the log that indicates this? Asking so that if problems arise, I can know what to look for, and also know what to put into a support ticket with SD.

Thanks!
Yes the logs that show failures with reconnects like this.

Code:
2022-11-18 02:45:56.054    [ERROR][62]    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at NShared.SchedulesDirectJSONEPGSource.DoPOSTRequest(String url, String token, String body, Boolean retry)
2022-11-18 02:45:56.055    [ERROR][62]    {"response":"INVALID_USER","code":4003,"serverID":"20141201.web","message":"Invalid username or token has expired.","datetime":"2022-11-18T07:45:55Z"}
2022-11-18 02:45:56.055    [ERROR][62]    Invalid token. Will get new token and retry...

SD put in some logic to prevent sharing accounts and theft of their data by EPG pirates. Illegal IPTV is killing PVR for legal users in many ways.

Martin
Good news in case someone has a similar issue. I upgraded using the video at this link: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/update

After a reboot, the in-progress recordings all show the proper remaining time.

Also to remove an unneeded factor, I deleted the IPTV device from the NextPVR backend.