NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG Not Updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having some issues with the EPG. Seems like it does get the XMLTV file from my provider but doesn't put them into the database.

I've attached the log file.

Hopefully someone can tell me what to do. I can redo everything if needed.

Thanks.
The logs have to be zipped from the Setting page and under 2MB

Martin
Whoops. Sorry. Here they are zipped.
This normally means the xmltv is stale.
[0 inserted, 0 updated, 45796 skipped]

Sub might also need to help since I don't know these errors

2022-12-29 13:56:34.316 [ERROR][390] Error sticking show names
2022-12-29 13:56:34.327 [ERROR][390] Error sticking show names
2022-12-29 13:56:34.374 [ERROR][390] Error sticking show names

Also next time it best and easiest to upload the zip file that NextPVR creates for you.

Martin
I didn't upload all the logs as they weren't needed and didn't want credentials from the source server in the logs.

How do I load the XMLTV then? If I tell it to manually do it, it fails. If use it in an IPTV software, it works fine.

Thanks.
Your URL most likely is wrong, but if you don't think so then sub will need to help out.

What you sent was fine but the credentials should not be in the logs so be prepared if you need other support.

Martin
(2022-12-29, 10:10 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Sub might also need to help since I don't know these errors

2022-12-29 13:56:34.316 [ERROR][390] Error sticking show names
2022-12-29 13:56:34.327 [ERROR][390] Error sticking show names
2022-12-29 13:56:34.374 [ERROR][390] Error sticking show names
These aren't a problem. It basically had a description starting "...", so it was trying to reassemble a long title from title and part of the description, but wasn't able to, so went with the original title and description.
(2022-12-29, 09:37 PM)shredder83 Wrote: [ -> ]Having some issues with the EPG. Seems like it does get the XMLTV file from my provider but doesn't put them into the database.

I've attached the log file.

Hopefully someone can tell me what to do. I can redo everything if needed.

Thanks.
On the Settings->Channels page, what is the EPG source listed next to your channels? none or xmltv?

When you originally imported the channels, did you enter the m3u and xml urls at that same time, or have you tried to add the xmltv after importing the m3u?
I had wondered about that. All the channels are to none. I tried changing one to XMLTV and picking the correct channel. Uopoin running the manual update listings, I still had everything skipped.

I did the m3u and XMLTV at the same time on the Device setup.
But weirdly, I now have 2 XMLTV entries. They are the same except the second one has the & between username and password changed to &

Should I delete one of them? I am assuming that NextPVR made it for me, but not sure when.

Thanks
I would go to the Settings->Devices screen, hold the Ctrl key, then click the 'Delete' button that appears on your IPTV lineup. Head to Settings->Guide and delete the lineup there too.

Back to Settings->Devices, click the IPTV device, Import M3U, and enter your m3u and xml url again, and try importing them again. (including using the filtering to select only the groups of channels you actually want, before hitting Save)

If you end up with the same situation again, it's likely that your IPTV provider is doing something unusual. If that is the case, and you're with me briefly trying it here, and can PM me the urls, I'll check if it's a NextPVR bug (and will fix if necessary) or a IPTV provider bug.
Pages: 1 2