NextPVR Forums

Full Version: LibreElec file locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am testing NextPVR running under LibreElec 11 as an alternative to Windows 10. It didnt like my old Nvidia video card but works using AMD motherboard video.

I am unable to find any info in the Wiki or Forum where the tuning files and other files which under Windows are located under C:\Program Files\NextPVR\data
There are two graphic flavours for LE, maybe you need to use LE legacy which uses older X11 graphics?

The program folder is /storage/.kodi/addons/service.nextpvr/nextpvr-bin/ and the data folder is /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.nextpvr/config/

The dvb tuning files aren't download by default, you do that via the NextPVR service settings in the Kodi GUI You could also make the folder manually and install your own conf file if you have one

mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.nextpvr/dtv-scan-tables/dvb-t

Martin
Thanks Martin! I am OK with Linux as it was my job before I retired but forgot that the server is actually running under Kodi!
The first thing I do when setting up NextPVR server is delete unwanted transponders in 28.2E setup file from over 100 down to 24 at this time. Unfortunately Transponder 35 on Astra 28.2 is missing from the files downloaded yesterday so will have to create the data!
Yes must of their file system is read/only so normal paths aren't possible.

What about this one https://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables....a-2E-28.5E from git You can install it with curl.

Also if you want a comparison you can run Kodi pvr.nextpvr and access two servers now. The vesion isn't published yet but I do have some LE builds that I have been testing if you want an advance look.

Martin
I am still using an 8 year old HP Microserver with four plugin 3.5 inch disk slots. I thought would be underpowered for Windows 10 so looked at the LibreElec NextPVR server. However I have been running Windows 10 temporarily on a hard disk for a couple of weeks as I only have one 2 1/2  to 3 1/2 inch disk adaptors and NextPVR seems to be workin OK.

So am now setting up a LibreElec sever in slow time. However setting up UK Freesat with the correct regional channels is a slow process but deleting unwanted transponders is a good starting point. I have created a cut down version of the Astra 28.2 file. However after downloading the scan tables DVB-T tuner finds the local TV and Radio stations but the DVB-S tuner finds a satellite list but seleting the 28.2 item does not even scan and my file is not listed. The suspicious thing is that the satellite names in the drop down scan menu are totaly different to the names in the dtv-scan-tables/DVB-S directory. So I reset LibreElec and reinstalled NextPVR server and did not download the scan tables. As expected trying to do a DVB-T scan gave no scan options. However selecting a DVB-S tuner to scan gave the same satellite options list! It lookslike there is a rogue DVB-S satellite list as its not looking in the dtv-scan-tables/DVB-S directory where my cut down 28.2 list is saved!

Chris
Makes sure you are using the appropriate folder dvb-t or dvb-s also give your cut down list a new name so that we are sure you put it in the correct directory.

Martin
Dont forget its listing DVB-S satellites when the scan tables are NOT installed!

I have installed latest LibreElec 10 nightly on another PC and NextPVR server install fails with "Script.module.requests" Not Available.
Sure I guess you mean NextPVR, It lists the device h/w types which has nothing to do with the scan tables, I am not sure what the concern there is. The wiki says you have to install them if there is nothing in the dropdown.

You might need to go into Kodi settings properties on the addon and see if the required module failed on install and if so select it to get it. This is outside my control. If you ever uninstall and reinstall there is a Kodi bug that you need to restart Kodi to.

Martin
LibreElec 10 nightly installed on old laptop yesterday. After leaving it on for a while this morning to find the missing dependencied NextPVR installed OK. The only tuners are Sat>IP. Scan tables NOT downloaded

From Web setup I select "Settings" then "Devices" and select one of the Sat>IP tuners. I then select "Scan Channels". The upper left option is left on "Single Satellite". The lower option bar currently says "None" so when I click on it a list of satellites is displayed. I select 0282/28.2E then select "Scan Channels" but nothing happens!

In Kodi I select "My Addons" > "NextPVR Server" > "Download Scan Tables".

I repeat the previous process of selecting the tuner and "Scan Channels" shows exactly the same list of satellites as previousl! Selecting 0282/28.2E still does nothing when scan is selected. The naming format of the satellites is totally different to the files found under dtv-scan-tables/dvb-s which is named "Astra-28.2E".
We have a communication issues here, I was talking local dvb-s h/w not SAT>IP. I didn't read all your signature. For SAT>IP the files are included and you don't need to download the scan table. These are stored (as they are in Windows) in the program folder under data/tuning/DVB-S noting that Linux is case sensitive.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3