NextPVR Forums

Full Version: uidroid error when attempting channel change while recording active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Martin,
Here is my test script with timestamps regarding Scenario1 from my post in the Windows Forum.  Attached are the logs.  Also below is the details of Scenario1.
Scenario 1
-A recording is active on the server
-A user starts one of the clients on client device, navigates to a channel and selects the channel
-The behaviour is different for the different clients
  -Android Client: no error, just a black screen
  -UIClient (CCGTV) Error: ERROR_CODE_IO_BAD_HTTP_STATUS
  -UIClient (Browser) Error: no error, just a black screen
  -WebClient Error: No tuner was available for the requested channel.
  -Windows Client: Unable to find available capture device

Test Script
-22:18 on WebClient started recording on channel 801

-22:19 on UIdroid navigated via guide to channel 1231 and requested to “Watch”
  -Error on UIdroid: ERROR_CODE_PARSING_CONTAINER_UNSUPPORTED (different than the error recorded in Scenario1. Likely due to the fact that I installed the latest version of uidroid (v1.6.12) just prior to this testing)
  -Selected Back button and the error disappeared and I was returned to Guide
-22:22 on UIdroid  navigated via guide to channel 1234 and requested to “Watch”
  -Error on UIdroid: ERROR_CODE_PARSING_CONTAINER_UNSUPPORTED
  -Selected Back button and the error disappeared and I was returned to Guide
-22:24 on WebClient, cancelled recording
-22:26 on UIdroid  navigated via guide to channel 1236 and requested to “Watch”
  -successfully changed channel as requested
Thanks
Greg
Thanks, I already fixed the error for the next uidroid release after your message yesterday. It is not handling this return from the server

2023-01-04 22:22:56.336 [DEBUG][167] {"stat":"Failed","code":11,"msg":"Failed to start stream: Unable to find available capture device"}

The message "Failed to start stream: Unable to find available capture device" will now be echoed back instead of the generic "ERROR_CODE_PARSING_CONTAINER_UNSUPPORTED" the Android player returns.

I am pretty sure the the server did not always try and dynamically play live TV when the tuner wasn't be available so this area in the code wasn't even checking for error. I suspect this is also the case for your scenario 3.

I was asking for the logs when I thought your error was on multi-rec not working.

Martin
@ninkynonk could you try this release candidate update to uidroid https://www.mediafire.com/file/ureeo6ast...C.apk/file and see if it handles your 3 scenarios better. This update handles the errors you pointed differently, with presentation closer to the Windows.exe.

Also as I noted UI clients just present the UI sent from the server so it would not be possible to address your suggestions, You can tweak the messages via language translation but that is about it.

Martin
Martin,
Just saw this. Will give it a twirl sometime today or tomorrow.
Thanks
Greg
Martin,
I had tested this quite some time back and apparently neglected to post my reply. Sorry about that. From my test, this appears to be working as you intend. Thanks for update.
Greg
Thanks for the update, I will include it in future builds.

Martin