NextPVR Forums

Full Version: In progress/OSD duration issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sub,
   Martin is going to explain to you the issue in the logs.
   Part of it is NLite is showing 2 minutes for the OSD instead of one hour.
Art
This is the same scenario I have been pointing out for months. He watched an in progress show

2023-02-02 14:01:25.830 [DEBUG][31] duration 135

And this becomes the duration even after the recording ends until the server restarts. It is also uiclient session independent

At on time NextPVR was updating this with clock time but that stopped working.

Martin
Remind me exact what I'm supposed to be looking for.

I just tried now. From nlite, I started recording a DVB-T channel, waited a minute, then started watching the recording from the Recordings screen. It started with a duration of like 1 minute, and playback started at 00:00:00. After watching it for a couple of minutes, I came back in 20 minutes and it was still playing. The position was about 21 minutes in, and the duration was reporting about 22 minutes long, which looked about right. Is it not behaving that way for you?
I actually have had two issues. First I can't test with nlite because it will hang hard playing an in progress recording and I have to end the task when it plays remote.

The second and this is the big one for me is if I exit an in progress recording and exit the client (leaving the server running for the whole test) then when I come back the OSD and all the seek information will be based on the duration shown by that original clock time duration I see in the logs. Perhaps the value is coming from an orphaned UI client session or since I use session.validate maybe it is never cleared without a session.logout?

I gave up using uidroid months ago since it made watching things like the FIFA World Cup impossible, but seeing artmetz's log it was clear that this was the same problem. He saw it first in my experimental client but he duplicated it in nlite after the show finished recording. I will see if I can duplicate it later.

Martin
sub,
I only see this issue over a network (inprogres playback). NLite playback on the server works.
I can readily reproduce the issue if you need more logs.
Art