NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HTTP ERROR 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am on Ubuntu 22.04

Since a few days, I have this error when connecting with Chrome at localhost:8866 (and a blank page with Firefox).

I completly uninstalled NextPVR and reinstalled, that doest' solve the issue.
When looking at the status of Nextpvr, the service seems to be running 

nextpvr-server.service - NextPVRServer
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nextpvr-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Wed 2023-02-15 17:00:15 CET; 13min ago
    Process: 25131 ExecStart=/opt/nextpvr/shell/server.sh start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Main PID: 25133 (dotnet)
      Tasks: 21 (limit: 9033)
    Memory: 44.9M
        CPU: 2.977s
    CGroup: /system.slice/nextpvr-server.service
            └─25133 /opt/dotnet/dotnet /opt/nextpvr/system/NextPVRServer.dll

févr. 15 17:00:13 linux systemd[1]: Starting NextPVRServer...
févr. 15 17:00:15 linux server.sh[25131]: Starting server..Done. PID=25133
févr. 15 17:00:15 linux systemd[1]: Started NextPVRServer

Where should I look or what can I do?

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Patrick
Start by sending the zipped logs.

Martin
Sorry, I have forgotten as usual....
New attempt...
You would need to stop the server to flush the logs. I would need the whole logs folder too to see the driver files.

Also check dmesg for errors.

If you do get it scanning make sure you use the correct dvb device they are both name dvb-t

Martin
I stopped the Nextpvr server. I zipped the /var/opt/nextpvr/logs directory.
What do you mean by the whole folder logs: the one for nextpvr or another one.
I also run dmesg and put the output in a txt. I saw nothing special.

And by the way I am only one device installed, may be something remaining from a previous test...
That dmesg logs didn't show you tuner being discovered, it may have been after a reboot. You probably need to add a startup delay for the service to identify when your tuner is installed by kernel. In your dmesg there was no dev/dvb installed. I wrote a script here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid530707

For now stop the server and restart it and see what happens. If it fails send the logs again.

You do have one tuner device but it is capable of DVB-T and DVB-C so NextPVR will show both.

Martin
Many thanks to spend some time for me...

Coming back after dinner and some tests

After creating the script PreStartup.sh, reboot, still not working. I stopped the server and creating the zips...
FYI, I installed Kaffeine, it's working perfecty with the dvb device.
I also checked Jellyfin because of the errors in the dmesg outpu, it works without any issue.

There is for sure something I don't understand....

I will stop for today.
NextPVR is working with the device, but there is not enough information to tell why the service is reporting Error 500. It definitely failed to load the device, before perhaps Kaffeine was locking it?

There is not enough information to explain the problem in the browser. Maybe if you stop the service and run from the command line we can see more info

Code:
sudo -u nextpvr NEXTPVR_DATADIR_USERDATA=/var/opt/nextpvr/ /opt/dotnet/dotnet /opt/nextpvr/system/NextPVRServer.dll
Hello Martin,

There is much more info with this command (see the output).
I can see some errors linked to the IP address. But I am not an expert in network (neither in Linux I must admit).

Does it mean something for you?

Thanks again
Pages: 1 2