NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nextpvr process consumes all ram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
if I reset the pc on the next boot nextpvr consumes all ram when I watch a channel. it saturates all ramm till stucking the pc
Without logs there are no problems. https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/get-help

Martin
I attached the log file of kodi, but this problem is present also if I use the browser (watching channels in localhost)
If you had followed the link I gave you, you would know the proper way to send NextPVR and Kodi logs.

This is not a normal issue,  NextPVR on Linux doesn't need a lot of memory watching TV. but I wouldn't use a RPi Zero.  I run a very simple x64 AMD A9-9430 RADEON R5 dual core for NexPVR and I specifically don't run a high end machine and the memory doesn't change much during streaming. That 0.2 for DeviceHostLinux is the actually recording process. I will have to try on a 2GB machine, since I am pretty sure that memory is being grabbed by netcore garbage collectionand it will be less if there is less available.

Martin
sorry I mistaked to send the  log, But if you see in the photo you attached, nextpvrserver.dll eats more than 2gb of ram, 56% of that available. This thing doesn't happen in windows, where it is limited to 200mb. Sometimes that process has a peak of 1gb and then goes down, sometimes it saturates all ram.
You aren't understanding garbage collection the memory usage does go down and don't look at numbers and try and find an example where it is a problem

Martin
I don't understand what I have to do, look what happens to nextpvr service... ram usage for this process isn't limited to ram capacity... I stopped kodi at 78% but it goes higher. restarting nextpvr service the process returns to use less ram
I don't know how garbage collection works but that isn't real memory AFAIK which is why I was I asked if you noticed any issues because of it.

Martin
I have a problem with that process. When the memory is almost full, the channel stream stops and I can't move the mouse neither use the keyboard, pratically all system is blocked. When it reaches high memory consumption as I posted, I restart the service to free the memory from ram and then the stream is ok for a few minutes, until little by little I see in htop the numbers under 'res' column and memory percentage going up till a critic level.
OK sub will need to look into it then, I haven't seen this myself. He will need your zipped logs. Are you a tuner or IPTV users?

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5