NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nlite on LibreElec?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now there is a LibreElec version of NextPVR server what are the chances of a version of Nlite that runs under LibreElec? There is mention of a Linux version but uncertain if it was ever created!!
I am working on an alternative UI client for Windows ans Linux but to make it work on LE seems pointless as it is a Kodi distro and Kod would need to be stopped. Use knewc if you want a UI client on LE

Using a dedicated UI client you lose the Kodi playback engine, IR and CEC support. Even then LE is not one hw platform so it is many clients

Martin
I have been using the NextPVR New Client which I think is the same thing for many years. I have had a few problems with it in recent months where the screen goes blank and the only way out is to press the "Menu" key on the remote and select "Exit UI Client". I never managed to get together full details to report the problem. Not had a problem since I upgraded to LibreElec 11 Beta and 11.0

Chris
No doubt that knewc will have occasional issues but the server side is not 100% stable. In testing I can pretty much guarantee crashing the server with a bad image from time to time. Honestly if you need an improved UI client you'd probably be better off with uidroid on Android then any variation of nlite or my new client.

Martin