NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHRGuide for Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The utility HDHRGuide is designed to create an XMLTV file from the data provided by Silicondust for HDHR users.  Silicondust DVR subscribers will get 2 weeks of rich metadata, without a subscription the data is only 24 hours and there is a little less data..

With the price increase of Schedules Direct the cost of the Silicondust DVR subscription matches the $35 year price.  This is especially significant for Flex 4K owners with ATSC 3 signals since major networks in some cities are now beginning to enable DRM.  Sadly for many, these stations will only playback using the HDHR app after Silicondust enables decryption, and they aren't quite there yet.   ATSC 3.0 broadcasts also typically require the HDHR app for playback because of AC-4 audio, but I will be releasing a Windows client for NextPVR that does AC-4 decoding later this weekend. 

Notes:  

- HDHRGuide is not a standalone utility, NextPVR must be installed.  
- It is supposed to work for all countries that Silicondust supports however I have only tested it for Canada, US and UK.  If it doesn't work in your country let me know.
- the DVR based guide uses the same ID as Schedules Direct so duplicates will not be recording.  The 24 hr guides uses a different ID for series, movies are the same.
- 32bit Windows is not currently supported

To install on Windows

1. Download and unzip  HDHRGuide-Win in C:\Program Files\NextPVR

2. Add the following to C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\UpdateEPG.bat  Create the file if it is not there.

Code:
"C:\Program Files\NextPVR\HDHRGuide.exe"  C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\hdhomerun.xml

3. Test by creating the first XMLTV file and adding the XMLTV file to the NextPVR configuration by running

C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\UpdateEPG.bat

4. Map channels to NextPVR on Settings->Channels-Advanced Tools using the XMLTV filename that should be in the dropdown list.

Instructions for other platforms will be posted at a later date.

Martin
Hi this looks great I have a problem.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2728]
© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SAGETVUSER>C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\UpdateEPG.bat

C:\Users\SAGETVUSER>"C:\Program Files\NextPVR\HDHRGuide.exe"  C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\hdhomerun.xml
Cannot use file stream for [C:\Program Files\NextPVR\HDHRGuide.deps.json]: No such file or directory
NEXTPVR_INSTALLDIR C:\Program Files\NextPVR\
NEXTPVR_DATADIR C:\Program Files\NextPVR\data\
NEXTPVR_DATADIR_USERDATA C:\Users\Public\NPVR-Data\
Unhandled exception. System.InvalidOperationException: An invalid request URI was provided. Either the request URI must be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.
  at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.PrepareRequestMessage(HttpRequestMessage request)
  at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.CheckRequestBeforeSend(HttpRequestMessage request)
  at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.GetAsync(String requestUri)
  at HDHRGuide.Program.Main(String[] args)
  at HDHRGuide.Program.<Main>(String[] args)
Does http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover show your devices?

Martin
Yes I found one offline trying again
I am subscribed ... Says I am not ... I did get a few hours of guide data.
C:\Windows\system32>C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\UpdateEPG.bat

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Program Files\NextPVR\HDHRGuide.exe"  C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\hdhomerun.xml
Cannot use file stream for [C:\Program Files\NextPVR\HDHRGuide.deps.json]: No such file or directory
NEXTPVR_INSTALLDIR C:\Program Files\NextPVR\
NEXTPVR_DATADIR C:\Program Files\NextPVR\data\
NEXTPVR_DATADIR_USERDATA C:\Users\Public\NPVR-Data\
https://api.hdhomerun.com/api/xmltv?Devi...A+152035B1
not subscribed

C:\Windows\system32>
I am surprised, I thought http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover only reported online devices, I will tweak the logic to do deal with that.

That "not subscribed" page comes from Silicondust. If you subscribe to their DVR service you need to check with them.

Martin
I am using their DVR at the moment, and I am Subscribed... If I use my batch file to get the XMLTV file I get 14 days.
I updated the file in post #1 I had changed the app a few months ago to use the NextPVR API but it doesn't get the device authentication codes. Just overwrite the 2 files.

Martin
Ok that worked ... but it did not pick up the Cable Tuners guide data. I also have Primes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6