NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Low resolution fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Is there a way to change the resolution of the fanart nextpvr grabs? The resolution is very low and looks blurry in kodi. I am using scheduled direct as a guide source.

https://imgur.com/a/bNxq1Vg
It will vary by show, sub tries to get the highest quality fanart from his sources.

Kodi doesn't request fanart thought, it will be the poster or landscape art which again will vary by show That doesn't look like a screenshot from Kodi either. I'd prefer an Estuary screenshot, generally the fanart is not that visible so it does look worse in the browser.

You are always free to download your own art if you find a higher quality source and replace it in the /media/shows folder.

Martin
I see. The image was taken from the nextpvr web app. I meant to say backdrop and not fan art. It looks even worse in Kodi, and no matter what I do, the images are all low quality. I disabled all the sources individually and have yet to see a high-quality image. I will see what I can do to add my own.
It will vary by show. If you find your shows on tvdb, or tmdb shows like "The Five" users don't have a lot of options. I did have a look on Schedules Direct and their art is really junk for that show. The Five might create some conspiracy theory over that.

Sub did make an attempt to allow selecting MetaData in the video library of UI client, but it hasn't been developed enough to make it that useful or integrated with media/shows.

Martin
(2023-04-07, 10:38 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]It will vary by show.  If you find your shows on tvdb, or tmdb shows like "The Five" users don't have a lot of options.  I did have a look on Schedules Direct and their art  is really junk for that show.  The Five might create some conspiracy theory over that.

Sub did make an attempt to allow selecting MetaData in the video library of UI client, but it hasn't been developed enough to make it that useful or integrated with media/shows.

Martin

Ok thanks. I used The Five just an example. I see the same behavior in every single show, even popular ones like Law and Order SVU.
Law and Order SVU may or may be a trivial match though.

Are you using Schedules Direct?

Martin
Yes, I am using Scheduled Direct.
Thanks, I have noticed their art has been poor quality recently. Sub might need to look into that since I just checked the API and "The Five" appears to give better options then he is getting.

Martin
Ok, I'll loading up a channel lineup that has this show, and checked what I'm getting back from Schedules Dircet
I can see why it's happen. It relates to a change Schedules Direct has made. I've put a fix in for the next release.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9