NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is related to the below issue which I'm facing in Kodi when artwork downloading is enabled in the add on. I was wondering if channels icons can be used as a fallback when there is no artwork, and/or if images from guide XMLTV files can be used.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3152570
Channel icons are the wrong shape, so not a good fallback. NextPVR uses portrait and landscape artwork. Channel icons are typically square.
Sub in Kodi PVR specifically images are square so that part would work. I don't like it in Kodi for the reason given.

Martin
I probably wouldn't make some new artwork api for this. You could use the existing channel.icon api if you wanted to make some Kodi specific logic to use these.
Kodi calls the URL only there is no fallback. By populating the field Kodi assumes the data exists. That is why I thought giving the option to provide XMLTV crappy art for the EPG will at least match pvr.iptvsimple

Martin
(2023-05-11, 07:08 PM)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ]This is related to the below issue which I'm facing in Kodi when artwork downloading is enabled in the add on. I was wondering if channels icons can be used as a fallback when there is no artwork, and/or if images from guide XMLTV files can be used.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3152570

You can use your own artwork. I have used Google to search for images of shows that NextPVR couldn't or for whatever reason didn't download images. I have even replaced images I didn't like that it did download.

Just make sure to use the proper names for the images.
Is it possible for NextPVR to download the artwork from links in the guide's XMLTV file in cases where there is no other artwork from the other sources?
It should already do this as last resort. In the Kodi forum you talked about fanart and I am not sure if xmltv defines different types, NextPVR doesn't
The fanart works in Kodi now, I have just noticed that sometimes there are artwork links in EPG file but it's not being downloaded e.g. live events, sports or news etc..
You typically need to use Schedules Direct for art for specialty programs if there are blanks when there is xmltv it could be it takes too long
Pages: 1 2