NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Randomly failing recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, my wife can't live without some tv shows and she can't understand, that finding the solution takes time Smile

That's why I'm asking you for a help. 

Behaviour: Sometimes some recordings are braking after some time - no particular pattern, can be half of the show recorded, can be after 10 minutes. No difference if I'm recording 2-3 things in the same time or only one show. 
System: Linux server 5.10.0-21-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.162-1 (2023-01-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux
IPTV: my.teleelevidenie.com
Client (not sure if relevant): TV Shield

Recorded crash: nrecord.log.3 2023-05-18 20:20:47 (logs attached)

On my previous hardware had the same problem, would it be provider signal lost issue? Server is wire connected to the internet.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
IPTV streams are notoriously shitty and unreliable. ie, they look like they generally work when you try them briefly, but relying on them to be consistently available for an hour or two is often too much.

I did notice there was a live tv session at the same time as your recording. Does your IPTV account allow for more than one connection at a time?
I have had this problem too, however sometimes I record and watch the stream and as I watch there is no disruption of stream but recording often fails. I truly believe something else is up.
(2023-05-27, 05:41 PM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]I have had this problem too, however sometimes I record and watch the stream and as I watch there is no disruption of stream but recording often fails. I truly believe something else is up.
Happy to take a look at logs, and a description of what happened.
next time I try one that fails I will port her . I do not record often but will try to make some tests
Hi there, thank you for your reply guys. I've tried to do some recordings while not watching anything and record only one tv show (one session). Same thing, recording broke somewhere in the middle. I have fibre internet connection 1Gbps dl and a new server itself but the same behaviour was observed on different equipment and slightly slower internet (I have moved recently). It looks like is not related to the network or hardware.
I've tried to tweak few things but no difference so far.
(2023-05-28, 09:26 PM)maxymalny Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, thank you for your reply guys. I've tried to do some recordings while not watching anything and record only one tv show (one session). Same thing, recording broke somewhere in the middle. I have fibre internet connection 1Gbps dl and a new server itself but the same behaviour was observed on different equipment and slightly slower internet (I have moved recently). It looks like is not related to the network or hardware.
I've tried to tweak few things but no difference so far.
Post a new set of logs, and let us know what time the recording was, and approximately what point it stopped, and I'll take a look.
Right, last night I've recorded 3 long movies and all of them have been recorded with no problems at all. Worth to mention, all recording were in different time, not overlapping together.
Tonight I'm trying to record one thing and watch the other at the same time. Later tonight I will record a few things same time. I have a feeling it may be a limit to active sessions on teleelevidienie which creates the issue.

-> UPDATE:
Watching and recording same time dropped the stream. Same time got the reply from teleelevidenie service, that there is one session limit...

Sorry about the trouble, you can close the thread. Thank you guys