NextPVR Forums

Full Version: OlSkool skin for NextPVR v6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try something different.

It is an Old School style skin that uses lots of the display area & also displays things like the timeline & position indicator at the top 'like it used to be done'.

It comes in three variants, 'Blue & Grey' (which are really just different background images) & a 'Retro' version with retro images for some of the backgrounds.
It has been tested on NextPVR.exe 6.1.2 & later using win10 & win11 (it also displays on the uiclients like nlite & uidroid etc.)

https://mega.nz/file/XdQTgBLC#XyFZgcJ_0V...YfjYGyiic8

To install unzip the OlSkool download somewhere (not in Program Files) & then copy the skins into "C:\Program Files\NextPVR\data\skin"

Run NextPVR.exe, right click & select settings>General in there you can select the Active Skin (don't worry about the image it shows there) & you can also change/select the Menu Style.

There are also a few easily user changeable options that I will document in the support thread here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid582660
Just tried it - nice
This is more of an NLite issue as a whole, but it's more apparent to me by using this app. Icon scaling (be it menus or channel logos) just don't scale nicely with a lot of alising. The same channel logos used with JellyFin scale just fine, so maybe some kind of change to how graphics are scaled could be made. I can provide screenshots if none of what i'm saying makes sense, but just wanted to point out that gripe. You have DPI options with NLite desktop, but not this app, so things look a bit ugly on a big screen.
(2023-07-16, 09:21 AM)linustorvalds Wrote: [ -> ]This is more of an NLite issue as a whole, but it's more apparent to me by using this app. Icon scaling (be it menus or channel logos) just don't scale nicely with a lot of alising. The same channel logos used with JellyFin scale just fine, so maybe some kind of change to how graphics are scaled could be made.
This isn't the thread for it, but if you run one of the following, you'll probably get better fonts/images:

nlite.exe -dpi -full

nlite.exe -half

If you want to discuss further, create a new thread for it.