NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Automatic EPG scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, I recently switched from mythtv to nextpvr and so far I think it's great. There's one thing though which I can't manage to get working. When I click "Update EPG" it works just fine, scans all the channels for EPG and fills it in. However, it will never automatically do that. Every week I'm running out of EPG and I'll have to go to the web interface  and update it again manually. What am I missing? I digged through all the settings in the web interface and I couldn't find anything that would allow enabling/disabling automatic EPG update scans.
The server will only update when the server is running, there is no power management on Linux. What Linux platform are you using and do you shutdown the server?

Martin
Uh, sorry for the late reply, didn't get a mail on your answer.

I'm using Linux, with Kodi. In order to get this sorted, I tried with a power up once a day, but it doesn't look like nextpvr is starting to update the EPG without me manually hitting the refresh button. In a next step I have had the shutdown blocked for a week but it still didn't update the EPG despite being powered on for the entire week.
Send the zipped NextPVR logs and we can have a look.

Martin
(2023-07-07, 11:38 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Send the zipped NextPVR logs and we can have a look.

Martin

Thank you Martin, logs attached.

Now I've just started it up, waited 10 minutes and grabbed the logs from the web interface. Hope that's ok. Not sure when it is supposed to start the EPG scan.
You set the time on the Settings->Guide page, and yours is still the default

2023-07-08 11:25:45.106 [DEBUG][14] Requesting wake up for 'EPG-UPDATE' [EPG Update] at 09.07.2023 02:44

Looks like you shutdown yesterday near 6pm so it wasn't running overnight.

Martin
(2023-07-08, 02:08 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]You set the time on the Settings->Guide page, and yours is still the default

2023-07-08 11:25:45.106 [DEBUG][14] Requesting wake up for 'EPG-UPDATE' [EPG Update] at 09.07.2023 02:44

Looks like you shutdown yesterday near 6pm so it wasn't running overnight.

Martin

Oh.... There it is... Its localized in german here and "Anleitung" is a very misleading translation for "Guide". I mean, it's technically correct and probably what you'd get from google translate too, but in this context it should rather be "Programmübersicht" or something... And somehow I was expecting it to just do the epg scan when it comes on and notices that the last schedule was missed (as that's how mythtv behaved). Will be setting it up properly to do the daily wakeup matching that time then, thanks a lot!

Still not sure why it ran out of data last week then, when the machine was on for an entire week, but let me verify first that this stuff is setup correctly. Thanks again.
Translations in NextPVR web are a relatively new feature. Feel free to make change and let sub know here is a paste of the file to help you out https://pastebin.com/rFAtg5NG

Doing an OTA EPG update on startup is not necessarily what users want since it uses a tuner and it could be 1/2 an hour before the tuner is available.

Martin