NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sometimes stream fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I would try getting Debian 12 loaded on my intel celeron NUC and see how well NextPVR worked. Got everything working and VAAPI for transcoding.

From a Chrome browser I started a live TV stream and it played fine. Then after playing a couple different channels I got the red stream error message and the stream failed to start. Restarting the stream didn't work. Tried ctl F5 a few times then it would play the live TV stream again.

I captured logs of this happening. My other Linux server using Deb 11 doesn't have the same issue.

Thanks
Odd, I am running Debian 12 but you seem to have ffmpeg 6 which isn't part of Debian 12

[FFMPEG]: ffmpeg version 6.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers

The error seemed to have come from the Tablo tuner though. You need to wait between tuning channels using the web browser to close things off properly.

Martin
I tried installing Openmediavault over Deb 12 (not smart) so maybe that's the reason for ffmpeg v6. I'll probably start over with a clean Deb 12 install to get rid of any OMV stuff.

I'll try waiting longer between channel changes next time. That explains why closing the browser would work.

Rex
Actually I misread the error (it does help to be slow tuning the browser with m3u8 files because it always has errors in the logs) this was a vaapi error from ffmpeg on your HDHR tuner.

2023-07-14 07:55:54.778 [DEBUG][161] [FFMPEG]: [vost#0:0/h264_vaapi @ 0x56242cbfe0c0] Error submitting video frame to the encoder

If you do a lot of web player viewing use the Tablo tuner but turn off AC3 audio and NextPVR won't have to transcode it, worry about vaapi etc.

Martin
(2023-07-14, 02:11 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Odd, I am running Debian 12 but you seem to have ffmpeg 6 which isn't part of Debian 12

[FFMPEG]: ffmpeg version 6.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers

The error seemed to have come from the Tablo tuner though. You need to wait between tuning channels using the web browser to close things off properly.

Martin

After adding Debian Multimedia bookworm to the repo list, I was prompted for an upgrade. After the upgrade it bumped ffmpeg to version 6.0

After reinstalling Debian 12 I'm now back to ffmpeg version 5.1.3-1
Thanks I didn't know about that repo it is not official but a good way to install some useful tools. I can't say one way or the other if that was the cause of the vaapi error.

Martin.