NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PlutoTV on Docker install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.  I've been away for a long while but am making my way back to NPVR.  I have NPVR installed via Docker and would like to set up PlutoTV live channels specifically.  I see from the sticky thread that a lot of things that need to be done using python and extracting files.  I am concerned that a Docker container update will wipe out these settings.  Is there a way to get PlutoTV going in Docker install of NPVR?
Installing streamlink in Docker has to be done every update but the Extra can stay installed. I keep the streamlink deb files I need in /config (1.7 works for the extra I use a script) so it is something like this inside Docker. It takes a while because sub doesn't update the Docker between builds but otherwise pretty straightforward.

Code:
apt update
apt upgrade
apt install python3  --no-install-recommends
dpkg -i /config/streamlink_1.7.0+dfsg-1~webupd8~bionic_all.deb
dpkg -i /config/python3-streamlink_1.7.0+dfsg-1~webupd8~bionic_all.deb
apt install python3-isodate
apt --fix-broken install

Martin
Hey thanks Martin!  Looks like you're still providing great help.  I'll give this a go.

For a little background, I'm looking to ditch ChannelsDVR but really like the fact that I could integrate PlutoTV as my only other source for live TV is HDHomerun tuners.  I tried using Xteve with the HDHR and PlutoTV with Plex but didn't work out well.  Tried connecting Xteve to NPVR but seems to be a similar problem in that it playback is easily interrupted when Pluto chops up the segments.
Any chance you can tell me where to get those deb files?
(2023-10-11, 04:52 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]https://packages.debian.org/search?keywo...ection=all

Martin

I am unsure how I can pull the debs from the site you referenced.   Please pardon my ignorance and forgive my request, but can you be a bit more explicit.  I've been using Linux for many years but by far not an expert.
For 6.2.1 go bookworm-backports and at the bottom the Architecture All links to download link options.

Martin