NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Better contrast for Channel Icons in the EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In both the web and stand-alone client EPG's, some channel icons are barely visible as they are black and shown on a near black background (a bit like the control panel of a spaceship described in the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy).
Is there some way to detect if an icon image is black, the set the background to a lighter colour?  Alternatively, perhaps a simple tweak of the EPG channel list colour scheme?
Honestly, there is no winning there. I don't supply the channel icons, and they can be any colour. Whatever colour background I choose will look crappy with some icons.

Here in NZ I've got maybe one channel icon that looks bad. If I'd tried adjusting the background for channel, it'd look stupid. If I'd tried adjusting the background for all the channels, it'd make other icons hard to see. I think you're just unlucky to have several that are dark.
Is it possible for us have a config option to use a local copy of a TV station Icon? That way we could modify the logo to look OK in NextPVR
You can already replace/edit the local icon that is stored in media/channels in the data directory.

Martin
(2023-11-03, 07:17 AM)spin35 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible for us have a config option to use a local copy of a TV station Icon? That way we could modify the logo to look OK in NextPVR
Absolutely. They're in C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\media\channels on Windows
I have a very old EPG package called XSLTV which is broken on modern browsers unless you use command line options.  It has some nice features that you might like look at - it allows use of local icons, and has a nice mouse hover feature that shows the program details as you move around the grid.
The developers web-site is still up: https://www.ericandchar.com/xsltvgrid
To open it with chrome you need to add this to the command line: --user-data-dir=C:\Path\to\xsltvfolder --allow-file-access-from-files file:///C:/Path/to/tv.html
NextPVR allows local icons as stated above. I for one don't want to have the details available on mouse over since that means the data for all channels.has to be loaded via http whether you want it or not which can make for large transfers.

Martin