NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ubuntu 22.04 - NextPVR Scan Issues (Singapore DVBT2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I looked through the forum but was unable to find any hints to help me fix my problem.
I'm running:

Setup:
NextPVR:  Version: 6.1.5.231022  
HW: Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD USB Stick
Hauppauge Drivers are installed and operational (no errors in dmesg and Kaffeine working fine).
NextPVR is installed (using .deb package including dependencies) and the webfront end is accessible. Hauppage Device shows up fine (2x DVB-T and 2x DVB-C - e.g. adapter1/frontend0 (Silicon Labs Si2168) )

Issue:
Scanning for DVB-T Channels in both NextPVR and using dvbv5-scan does not detect any channels. I tried multiple tuning profiles including the auto-Default profile but with no success.
I also created my own profile based on the info extracted from found channels in Kaffeine but still no channel is found.

Kaffeine works on the same machine. It detects all channels without issues and playback is working great.
NextPVR Log files and dvbv5-scan log attached.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks !
I cannot locate any scan tables for Singapore, this seems like an old problem https://community.synology.com/enu/forum/17/post/46113

I would start by trying a scan from the Linux directly to make sure the scanning file is correct

Restart or stop NextPVR to release the tuner if NextPVR has taken it and then using you scanning file of choice

dvbv5-scan /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/auto-Default

or

dvbv5-scan -a 1 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/auto-Default

If those fail perhaps contact Mediacorp who apparently run the DVB-T2 there.

Martin
Thanks for the quick reply Martin,
I tested the above with no success.

I had nextPVR running in Singapore on Ubuntu 1-2 years ago. I believe I used the auto-Default scan during that time.
With Kaffeine having no issues I did the following:

1) I created a SG-all profile for dvbv5 based on the channel data found by Koffeine and used another DVBT dvbv5 file as template.
After testing that with similar result = no channels found, I looked through some linux tv forum posts and found that there had been issues with DVBT2 before apparently.
Maybe a DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2 flag was introduced (or something else changed).

2) I updated the custom profile with the DVBT2 flag and......drum roll......I now have channels :-)

The custom file is attached in case anyone in Singapore needs it for their NextPVR/Linux TV installations