NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ubuntu Server /nextpvr/ emby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Just installed new ubuntu server on system and ran all updates. Installed nextpvr and setup for my IPTV subscription.
Tested all channels and had not issues with browsing streams. 
Then install the lates emby server and added the plugin for nextpvr. 
Added the tv source in emby for nextpvr.

Went to guide and tried to play stream and get this in emby server.
No Compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your administrator for details.

If i try to play in the nextpvr i get 
No tuner was available for the requested channel.

Then if i remove nextpvr from emby and add the iptv providers url for m3u and the xml it works in emby with out issues.

Not sure if this is because it is running on ubuntu server.
It was working on ubuntu desktop.

Thanks

No
It don't feel it is because of Linux. When Emby changed the plugin they basically made NextPVR a dumb tuner so if you use Emby don't use NextPVR you are bound to get in trouble. Emby is a good program but not a great PVR but you are obliged to use it for all your recordings by their design. Among other things they don't restrict how many channels NextPVR might provide.

My recommendation is choose either NextPVR or Emby, until perhaps their "TVNext" functionality is available. The zipped log would have told the real story of what is happening.

Martin