NextPVR Forums

Full Version: windows media player extra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello collective,
I am working on a project that I will be posting soon. I am wondering if NextPVR can call the output of windows media player as an Extra, and if so how would I go about it?
NextPVR and media player would be running on the same machine.
Long ago before NextPVR supported cable card I wrote a utility that hooked in to a direct show filter that would do this. Since it can't handle decryption I there isn't much use for this today
OK so here is the project.....
I live in an area that doesn't have many OTA channels (20), I have a few IPTV channels that I run also and believe it or not there are times there is nothing interesting to watch. Flip side of the coin is I do have a lot of boxset sitcoms and other shows I like and own that I do have ripped from the DVDs and on a backup hard drive on the same machine I run NextPVR from.

I am a bit of a VB6 programmer so I wrote an application that will play these files randomly and create the EPG file once the first video is started.
This is working flawlessly except that I have to run the video out of the computer in to an HDMI encoder then call the .ts address in NextPVR's IPTV m3u add on, so that was the reason for the question (just looking to simplify things and cut out the middle man). The application is intentionally a bit complicated to use to NOT make it a viable option for commercial use. If it would be OK with sub I would like to make it available here for others that may be in the same situation looking for options. If not I will keep it for my own personal use.
The NextPVR Video Library with NextPVR.exe can create random playlists so that is good enough for many people. I actually never implemented video playlists in my UI clients since there hasn't been any demand.

To bypass the middleman for your specific use case maybe consider using a URL to the file that NextPVR in your m3u can stream that you create with you app

http://ip:8866/stream?f=url escaped filename

Not sure how you app handles transitions from program to programl.

Martin
(2023-12-17, 06:28 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I actually never implemented video playlists in my UI clients since there hasn't been any demand.

Martin

There will be demand in uidroid shortly (if I can ever shake off my medical condition getting in the way) as we use random video playback almost every day on the birdroom TV