NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Streams stopping intermittently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good catch, I hadn't noticed the ~6m30s sequence for major lost packets in my post above 8:08:38, 8:15:08, 8:21:48, 8:28:29 which would definitely link to the rolling file. It does seem to point to a timeout, SAT>IP is UDP and packets would just be dropped. It doesn't necessarily point to a NextPVR problem. If the problem comes back and you have the disk space you can also increase the Live TV buffer time in Settings->General (it rolls at the number of minutes/3) to reduce the number of rolls.

Martin
Just an update on this. To rule out docker being an issue at all I've now been running minisatip installed directly to Ubuntu (which also has NextPVR), issue is still there although less and I've tried upping the buffer file to various sizes but it still gets an error rolling the file every now and again.

Thanks!

/Patrik
Some fresh logs, this time with transcoding to see if that would make a difference.

2024-03-15 08:47:36.280 [ERROR][25] Unexpected error streaming channel: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NShared.Utility.RollingFile.get_Length()
  at NShared.Streaming.StreamingHelper.StreamNative(ServiceResponseStream responseStream, Dictionary`2 parameters)
Yes I think we already ruled out the server and now I hope that the increased SAT>IP timeout in the next version will help. Sub would need to confirm.

Did you change the buffer time to 180 minutes? I see you use a ram disk but until you can test with the next version you might need to bump it more.

Code:
2024-03-15 08:17:56.313    [DEBUG][25]    RTSP input source starting
2024-03-15 08:47:31.776    [DEBUG][25]    Renew lease ok (0x200029)
2024-03-15 08:47:36.280    [ERROR][25]    Unexpected error streaming channel: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Also why are you using the transcode option in Kodi? I do see that minisatip is not filtering program IDs from the stream perhaps that is the reason? If so maybe check with the minisatip users to see if you can avoid that.

Martin
I've tried buffer times high and that seems to make it somewhat more stable but the reason for trying a RAM disk is that the server is not currently running on an SSD disk and when I stress tested it a bit it seemed that it had a hard time making the buffer files fast enough when I had multiple tvs running. The reason for testing the transcode was basically because I saw that the traffic had a more similar pattern to other streaming services which might be beneficial for my tvs at the summerhouse which connects via a site to site VPN.
OK, the Kodi setting is client specific though so you can turn it off and on. I didn't know you were just testing it and wanted to confirm it wasn't a mistake.

Martin
Are there any indications when the new version will hit release? Smile
There is a beta know that has the SAT>IP change https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid589166 I am assuming you are running in Linux not Docker.

Martin
Yeah it's running on a Ubuntu 22.04. I've updated to the beta now and we'll see if it's resolved.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3