NextPVR Forums

Full Version: All shows page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really like A feature Tablo has.
 It has a page that shows all the show icons and names currently residing in the guide.
Would this be a possibility? Bonus points if it would work with other clients like Kodi
Sometimes a person doesn't know what is available unless you scour the guide and I find myself giving up after about 10 min.
I think this is a great suggestion and would be a feature I'd make regular use of.
Preferably all episodes of a series would be grouped under one entry rather than showing each episode on the list (or at least the option to group them together).
I'd also like to see the option to filter by genre.

At the moment, I use the search feature in the native nextpvr.exe client to see what shows are upcoming but it's a tedious way to do it as is browsing through the guide to look 1-2 weeks ahead.
I wrote a NextPVR page that no one was interested in https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=62624 and I use it often enough because I like know what new shows are coming on all services. I am not that interested in the 1000's of unique series that are in my guide data, maybe because I use this so filtering would be needed. Saved searches would be better for me especially if they were available in UI clients (Kodi already has them).

Kodi UI changes would need to be addressed to Kodi.

Martin
That looks pretty good Martin, I'd happily use that if you were able to make it available (even "as is").
Its python proof of concept that I use for myself it was more to let people know that they can enhance NextPVR web.  If you have python installed with request, sqlite3 and lxml libraries I can post it.

To get an idea though this has the two static pages and the json files the python creates. From the attached

upcoming.html goes to C:\Program Files\NextPVR\wwwroot
components\listing-details-modal-upcoming.js to C:\Program Files\NextPVR\wwwroot\components
web\* to C:\User\Public\NPVR-data\web\temp

The button toggles between all new series coming up and the other is new episodes today.

Martin
Many thanks Martin. I installed the latest 64 bit python and installed lxml using pip (I really don't know what I'm doing here) and got it to load but it's showing just the shows from your json in webtemp.

re-reading your post from 2021, you wrote "it shows all new shows around the world including shows on many streaming platforms.". This enhancement wish was to be able to see all upcoming recordings in our local EPG which I don't think is that your add-on does?
You don't need python for that sample, it was to show what the add-on did.  The daily file would be out of date so it will only show new shows  I will attach the python if you are interested.  Run using python upcoming.py and it updates those files.  This can be scripted as part of the UpdateEpg process.

The request wasn't to see all the upcoming recordings, it was to display all shows, my utility was more to show all upcoming new major shows and new episodes fro even if it isn't available to you (yet).  This allows creating manual rules, but importantly it works with guide data that doesn't have the new flag. The python could easily add all your new show too.

Here is the Tablo shows view https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EgRlQZ8iG5I/maxresdefault.jpg I don't find it that helpful. For movies it is much better, and for major sports it is nice. Of course the views are probably better than OTA users might get because they use the same Gracenote data as Schedules Direct so grouping and art works well.

Martin
Here is what the Tablo TV app does to help explain the request a little better https://youtu.be/wMkyWYGgFnM

Martin
The request wasn't to see all the upcoming recordings, it was to display all shows, my utility was more to show all upcoming new major shows and new episodes fro even if it isn't available to you (yet).
Agreed. I typed "recordings" when I meant "shows". ok, I understand much better now what your add-on is attempting to achieve and it sounds good. I'll have a play with  upcoming.py when I get some time and report back, likely in the new year.
As I posted it can be tweaked a bit but it needs to keep the NextPVR look and feel. The video shows does highlite nice features from the Tablo TV too, but it likely is going to Schedules Direct oriented and as you see not a small amount of work for sub.

We don't get British shows right away so my utility definitely helps me be more aware and create more manual recordings without paying attention.

Martin
Pages: 1 2