NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't record 1 subchannel and watch another w single tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know with ATSC I should be able record all sub=channels on a frequency with a single tuner. But when I tried using all tuners to record, then attempted to watch another sub-channel of one I was recording I got a not tuner available error. ????? I have 1 HDquad USB tuner and 1 HD Homerun extend (2 tuners).
Let's start with this you probably need to delay your server start up until your device (maybe a share?) is ready. I've posted some scripts on this.

2023-12-23 16:18:58.738 [ERROR][1] LiveTV directory does not exist: /media/clay/64C014BB48F436CB/System Volume Information/Recordings

Second I am seeing a lot of these in your logs creating the timing file, generally that means data wasn't delivered fast enough for ffprobe, and NextPVR doesn't get out of the loop correctly when data does start.

2023-12-23 16:26:44.948 [ERROR][47] IsComplete(): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This makes debugging this really tough, so third you make us guess which channel is having trouble. I saw cases where 27.1 locked and didn't lock on one tuner so that is not a NextPVR issue.

If it is 4.1 on your HDHR check the HDHR logs around this time

2023-12-23 18:25:28.485 [DEBUG][89] connecting to: http://10.110.231.122:5004/tuner0/v4.1

Martin
It's working now. I' just installed it and doing a lot of testing and tweaking, so I'm sure there's lot of stuff in the logs. If it occurs again I'll give more info, and the logs should be a lot cleaner. Thanks for the assistance.