NextPVR Forums

Full Version: LG TV app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Attached is an initial build of the LG webOS app. It's a ui client app, which gives nextpvr.exe style interface directly from your TV. It's been tested on a GX, C8 and B7 models, but should work on any LG TV's from the last 5 years or so.

We don't have any detailed instructions for how to install ipk apps at this stage, but one recommended approach is using this utility https://github.com/webosbrew/dev-manager-desktop

Here is brief demo of it in use.

At this stage, it only works if the server and TV are on the same network (ie, not across the internet), and you must be using the default pin 0000.

Once you and have it successfully installed it, and it is listed in your apps on the TV, you'll need to send me a PM, so I can make a small change on nextpvr.com to enable it for you. (this step will go away when I find time to revisit some of the automatic server discovery stuff)
circa ~ 2016 lg webOs 3. 4.2 is too old -

Just picked up a used lg 55uh8500. I'm assuming this is too old to bother trying.
(2024-01-08, 08:13 PM)Prsa01 Wrote: [ -> ]circa ~ 2016 lg webOs 3. 4.2 is too old -

Just picked up a used lg 55uh8500. I'm assuming this is too old to bother trying.
Honestly, I don't know. I know it worked for someone with a 2017 model LG TV, so maybe?
(2024-01-08, 08:13 PM)Prsa01 Wrote: [ -> ]circa ~ 2016 lg webOs 3. 4.2 is too old -

For anyone looking in the future - the lg client, in initial testing, seems to work fine on this older lg tv running webos v3.4.2.

A question about any/all of the non-web clients. Is there a way to trigger a guide update from these clients. I've just been jumping onto the web client to trigger it but that isn't really an option here. I'd also like access to the VOD but I assume that's a bigger issue.

Thanks much, sub, for the app and help setting it up as well as martin for the instructions!
(2024-01-09, 04:56 PM)Prsa01 Wrote: [ -> ]

For anyone looking in the future - the lg client, in initial testing, seems to work fine on this older lg tv running webos v3.4.2.
Great.

Quote:A question about any/all of the non-web clients. Is there a way to trigger a guide update from these clients.
No. Ideally you're just supposed to let the EPG update happen overnight, and not have to manually update the EPG.
(2024-01-09, 04:56 PM)Prsa01 Wrote: [ -> ]

A question about any/all of the non-web clients. Is there a way to trigger a guide update from these clients. I've just been jumping onto the web client to trigger it but that isn't really an option here. I'd also like access to the VOD but I assume that's a bigger issue.

Thanks much, sub, for the app and help setting it up as well as martin for the instructions!

Additional testing - I can create and watch recordings, both OTA and and IPTV. 

Attempting to watch live either OTA or iptv from guide receives black screen. Nothing hangs. Back button works.

Will try rebooting tv and a few other things to see if anything changes.
(2024-01-09, 05:35 PM)Prsa01 Wrote: [ -> ]Attempting to watch live either OTA or iptv from guide receives black screen. Nothing hangs. Back button works.
These work fine here.

The LG app is not good at reporting errors like tuner not being available etc, so make sure they available and have a good signal being delivered.
I have two fairly recent LGs and both of them just show a black screen when starting the app.

I have installed using dev manage like I have for installing Kodi a number of times.

OLED48A1PUA fw: 03.40.70 webOS: 6.4.0

and

27LQ6252-PU fw: 03.3385 webos: 7.31

The kodi nextpvr addon has worked somewhat but goes into slow motion at 1080p. I haven't pursued that for a few weeks.

Thanks for making a native webOS nextpver version. I look forward to testing and using it.
You didn't read this bit I wrote above:

Quote:Once you and have it successfully installed it, and it is listed in your apps on the TV, you'll need to send me a PM, so I can make a small change on nextpvr.com to enable it for you. (this step will go away when I find time to revisit some of the automatic server discovery stuff)

Without it, you'll just get a black screen when starting the app.
Pages: 1 2