NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Time scheduled radio recording?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to schedule radio recordings with NPVR? If not, does anybody know a Linux app that can?
If they're channels you've got in NextPVR, then sure.
The easiest way is to find an Internet radio stream for the channel you are looking for and add it is IPTV to NextPVR.

There are h/w solutions to record FM too for stations that aren't online

Martin
(2024-01-09, 03:13 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]If they're channels you've got in NextPVR, then sure.

How do I add radio stations when they are not channelized?
Channel numbering is under your control. For my local FM channels I use the major and minor that I know.

To start maybe look here for your city (or long/lat) https://tunein.com/radio/Stream-United-States-r100436/ and see if you can find if the stations you want to add are available.

Martin
I think you’ll find the OP is trying to schedule radio stations found in his DVBS scan if his previous post is anything to go by. Clearly he can if the scan found valid radio stations services and are properly mapped.
The answer was not for all users, but he is from the US here in North America we don't use DVB or I would have made that recommendation.

Here is more additional information that may be more confusing than helpful.

Sometimes on clear QAM or CableCard there are some music stations but the OP's logs showed him using ATSC tuners.

I did suggest the option of using h/w (SDR radio tuner) for FM only, I wrote an Extra for that, but generally that is too difficult and the quality isn't better than Internet "IPTV" radio anyway. Even in the UK most of these stations http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mp3.asp are not available on DVB. Radio via DVB will also potentially use a tuner that could be use for TV. The DVB radio stations do often offer some guide data but for Kodi and some of my clients NextPVR can be configured to show Shoutcast data during Live TV playback as a bonus.

On some digital tuners there are analog FM tuners too which could be used via an Extra but typically it is either/or and the Linux support is rare. Any tuner that supports /dev/radio0 could in theory be used by an expert user in an Extra on Linux

Finally audio in can used to capture a single source as an Extra.

Once any of these are used as a tuner for NextPVR, NextPVR will treat it the same as video and full scheduling becomes available.

Martin
Gotcha. Pity he didn’t mention that at the outset. As they say the devil is in the detail ?
To give you an idea of how you might use NextPVR with Shoutcast radio, here is my guide, some UK stations have an EPG.  I use yauiclient and put the title in the title bar so I can see the song in the task bar when it is minimized.  If there is no guide data just use manual recordings.

Martin