NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Only Record One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I created an "extras" file with 5 different channels defined.
If I try to record more than 1 channel at the same time I get an error:
"No tuner is available at the specified time"
Is that normal?
How many and what type of tuners do you have? What client?

I have multiple hdhomerun & tablo to ners and it lets me setup multiple rconcurrent recordings. as well as 1 iptv recording. There is a way to get multiple iptv recordings as wll but i haven't explored that yet.

I do notice a few strange/interesting things with the kodi client. After i do some research in that client area I'll be asking tbose questions.
The channels are all IPTV.
Then yes, it will only do one per source. There is a thread where someone talks about duplicating the source to be able to do multiple. I'll link it here if i find it. Think it was in a Pluto thread.

I plan to test that at some point, but haven't gotten there yet.
I just did a test with 2 separate "extras" files and was able to record from both at the same time.
(2024-01-19, 07:24 PM)jrockow Wrote: [ -> ]I just did a test with 2 separate "extras" files and was able to record from both at the same time.

Could you please go thru the stepw for doing this? 

Can you duplicate aan already configured source so channels are selected or do you have to start from scratch? 

For example, My iptv source has ~ 1000 channels. I've configured that down to ~ 100.  My assumption is that if I add another copy of that source and auto merge I'll have the additive of the 2 channels sources with the overlap merged.

Is it simply adding the source again and Npvr duplicates it or something else? 

Thanks
Prsa01, extras and IPTV are quite different. I don't have the full context because I can't see jrockow's posts at his request. One thing in common about extras and IPTV is the instance count could be by channel and not the total instances if different providers are involved.

If the IPTV source is truly identical from one provider you don't really want to merge, just bump the number of instances in settings. If they aren't identical I suggest you open a second post on merging IPTV. I don't think it is a simple matter, especially if you have to rescan.

Martin
(2024-01-26, 02:05 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Prsa01, extras and IPTV are quite different. I don't have the full context because I can't see jrockow's posts at his request.  One thing in common about extras and IPTV is the instance count could be by channel and not the total instances if different providers are involved.

If the IPTV source is truly identical from one provider you don't really want to merge, just bump the number of instances in settings.  If they aren't identical I suggest you open a second post on merging IPTV.  I don't think it is a simple matter, especially if you have to rescan.

Martin

That's great, Martin, thanks! 

I didn't know about instances. I will investigate that when I get a chance.
Actually it's not instances it is Max-Connections at the top of the IPTV device.

Martin
Thanks once again, Martin!

I have made Max connections change and will restart the service at the next opportunity.

If it works it is a great, simple, solution. Much easier than I had thought.

===========

Anyone else receiving lots of "bits" system event log errors when recording iptv (win10)? Not sure how much I should be concerned. Just starting to investigate.
Pages: 1 2