NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextUI Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope I am posting in correct forum.  (Apologies if I am not)

Have been using the NextUI client for a while now.  (UIdroid I believe)
Anyway, I have it installed on my Amazon Fire Cubes, and my Nvidia Shields.

Not sure what has happened, but tonight the NextUI client on my shield just stopped working.
It comes up with the main screen, and shows the menu on the left, and can scroll up and down, but when I select any option like TV Guide, or even exit,  nothing happens.

I went to the forums and found 2 versions in the first post.
Originally I used the exodebug file or whatever it is called, so I tried the latest one, and it installs, but just has black screen foever, and I can't seem to access the settings via long press of dpad.
Which one should I use on the Nvidia Shield?

Also tried the Mediaix version, and it can not find my server, and does bring up the settings screen, and I manually enter my server details, then it just exits out, and I can then not get it to work again.

Only thing I noticed, is that my NVidia Shield in living room recently updated some apps via the Playstore regular updates.

I have Kodi and Tivimate installed,  and both are working with my Windows based NextPVR server, and it shows active donator status etc.
Have tried uninstalling NextUI, and rebooting, then installing latest version, all no avail.  Also tried rebooting NextPVR windows server.

I just tried the Nvidia Shield in my bedroom, and NextUI is working perfectly. (it is a 2017 shield)

The Shield in the main living room is a 2019 model, and the version reported is '1.6.12'
Update:

I nuked everything,  and found the version I had installed previously was '1.7.22'
I reinstalled that version, and now NextUI is working, and it immediately found the NextPVR server.

I then tried updating to the latest version of NextUI from the first post in the release forum, and it is back to just not doing anything when an option is selected, and also not being able to exit the app.
(have to kill it from the Shields running task menu)

The '1.7.22' or below versions seem to work fine tho.
No this is the wrong area and it Iis really confusing when you don't use the correct sub forum for support. The download link you posted about should give you a hint

V1 is no longer supported so if you want help with V2 I would need to see the NextPVR logs. I am pretty sure V2 works with the Shield. The posts aren't clear the none working exodebug version is 1.7.22

Martin
What I think is really confusing is the fact that we have 2 x "Other client" forums :-

NextPVR Support>Other Clients

Public>NextPVR iOS and AppleTV Clients
Public>NextPVR Android Client
Public>NextPVR Other Clients
Public>NextPVR Other Clients>NLite
Public>NextPVR Other Clients>Roku
Public>NextPVR Other Clients>Android
Public>NextPVR Other Clients>LG

What are these "other clients" that don't already have their own sub-forum?
Perhaps Sub could update the very useful sticky at the top of this forum (to include UIDroid etc) move it to Public>NextPVR Other Clients and just close this sub-forum
Yeah we should do a tidy up of the sub forums
Yeah, sorry about that.

What I am used to, is navigating into the 'Support' area, and then you end up here.
As I am seeking support, that is kind of the path one takes.
Yep. What you did was entirely logical.
The problem is that the forum structure has become a bit confusing with a general support forum and other (parallel) support forums for the various clients that have been developed over recent years.