NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Install NexPVR backend in Buildroot based Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm trying to run NPVR in a Buildroot Linux environment. I've succesfully installed kernel modules for my RTL DVB device and run NPVR with .NET 6.0.0. I can access it by web but when I try to scan channel in the DVB-T device nothing happens.

I've collected logs from NPVR to debug the problem but I always find annoying tags "...snip..." that avoids I can read entire log messages. I don't know how to remove them. I've change some settings in .json files in NPVR folder settings without success.

I've attached the log to this post.

Thanks in advance. Regards.
That is the console log. The real logs should be in /userdata/NextPVR-backend/NPVR/ but you can download the zip from the settings web page.

My guess based on this

"status":"Error: An error occurred trying to start process 'DeviceHost/x64/DeviceHostLinux' with workin...snip...

is you forgot the chmod step explained here https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/Lin...al.install

Also check the default app folder since it looks like it relative to the starting folder.

Martin
(2024-03-13, 08:24 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]That is the console log.  The real logs should be in  /userdata/NextPVR-backend/NPVR/ but you can download the zip from the settings web page.

My guess based on this

"status":"Error: An error occurred trying to start process 'DeviceHost/x64/DeviceHostLinux' with workin...snip...

is you forgot the chmod step explained here https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/Lin...al.install

Also check the default app folder since it looks like it relative to the starting folder.

Martin

Hi again,

the zipped logs downloaded from the web also contains annoying "....snip...." tags.

The 'DeviceHost/x64/DeviceHostLinux' has the correct permissions because it's the first thing I do.

But the problem was I did the next call:
dotnet <PATH>/NextPVRServer.dll

I've changed to:
cd <PATH>
dotnet ./NextPVRServer.dll

And now everything works fine.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.
The wiki and sub's notes both show that the CD PATH as a requirement, glad you got it sorted out.

Martin