NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot ff or rewind-screen goes black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought the NextPVR client for AppleTV.  I can playback recorded shows as long as I don't touch the fast-forward or rewind.  If I try to advance through a commercial break, for example, the screen turns black and I cannot watch the rest.  I have to back out and restart from the beginning.  It won't resume.  I cannot replay anything without the screen staying black and must similarly restart the show from the beginning.
That's not something I'm seeing here.

Are you able to provide an example recording to try playing here? Put the file somewhere line onedrive/googledrive, and PM me a download link.
Thanks for the prompt response! I got to wondering if it was the transcoding format, and indeed it is.  I had 1080 p mp4 selected as the recording format to save HDD space.  I changed it to native, and now I can rewind and fast forward.  

To recreate this problem, please try selecting mp4 under Settings, Transcoder on the server.

It would be nice to use a compressed format and be able to rewind and fast forward.