NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Colossus 2 and nextpvr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi! 
very familiar with arch. have pretty much everything working as far as the card goes. 

Two issues though, 
No audio when streaming to .ts
and cant seem to get it running in nextpvr. 

I just want to list the input as a single channel that will open/start when i select it and close when i stop it. recording is also something id like to do, as i have some old gaming consoles i'd like to record footage from, while viewing the content.

Thanks in advance!
to elaborate a bit further, ive got to the point of being able to add it as an extra device and get guide info for my stb. my struggle is getting it to see the adapter and use the stream
For the Colossus and the HDVPR 2 did you use this https://github.com/jpoet/HauppaugeUSB and can you run it from the command line? If so I had to patch it to close but here is what my extra calls (I am using AC3 in)

/opt/Hauppauge/bin/hauppauge2 -a 1 -d 2 -s E515-00-00AE3EB8 | ffmpeg -v panic -i pipe: -codec copy -f mpegts - &

Martin
(2024-04-21, 12:23 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]For the Colossus and the HDVPR 2 did you use this https://github.com/jpoet/HauppaugeUSB and can you run it from the command line?  If so I had to patch it to close but here is what my extra calls (I am using AC3 in)

/opt/Hauppauge/bin/hauppauge2 -a 1 -d 2 -s E515-00-00AE3EB8 | ffmpeg -v panic -i pipe: -codec copy -f mpegts - &

Martin

Yes fully followed that guide and am able to output to a file, but no audio in the stream. i'll try your extra calls and see if they help. what did you have to do to patch it to close?
Thanks kindly!
Are you trying to get AC-3? Make sure that aac works before trying it there are a few gotchas.

The patch is in the Hauppauge patch that is not on GitHub in src/Hauppauge/hauppauge_hdpvr2_157321_patched_2016-09-26/Common/AVOutput.h

I added an error check in the write function since it appears that any signal from NextPVR to close the script isn't working it leaving hauppauge2 running. My script might be wrong too.

Code:
void write(void *data, size_t len) {
                if(m_use_cb) m_cb(data, len);
                if(m_fd < 0) return;
                int rc = ::write(m_fd, data, len);
                if (rc == -1 || fcntl(m_fd, F_GETFD) == -1)
                        exit(-1);
        }

My plan is to modify the code so that a mythtv-like process works for NextPVR too and hauppauge2 doesn't have to get loaded every call.

Martin
(2024-04-21, 12:50 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]My plan is to modify the code so that a  mythtv-like  process works for NextPVR too and hauppauge2 doesn't have to get loaded every call.

Martin

I would be so onboard with this! I'll keep my eyes open for any updates. 

So, I have your call modified with my device info and output to pipe, but what im having trouble with is finding the pipe.
If you want to test the extra on the command line (it is not a named pipe)

if you have UI

collossus.sh | ffplay -i pipe:

if not

collossus.sh | ffprobe -i pipe:

Martin
(2024-04-21, 01:07 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to test the extra on the command line (it is not a named pipe)

if you have UI

collossus.sh | ffplay -i pipe:

if not

collossus.sh | ffprobe -i pipe:

what and where should i be making the colossus.sh file? i feel close!
My extra calls the sh file much easier to change

Martin
(2024-04-21, 01:30 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]My extra calls the sh file much easier to change

Martin

Whats in your sh file? i followed the directions to get extra added into the guide stuff, but i get command not found.
Pages: 1 2 3 4