NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can I use gbpvr with no Tuner card Temporarily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, my first post here.

I have a new MVP and have my PC in the home office but have wired my VIVO geForce card to my entertainment center to watch and cap TV on the PC. I do not own a PVR/Tuner card yet but will soon. Can I install GBPVR to take over functions of the MVP until I purchase the card?

I would just like to take advantage of the fine interface it uses and dump the MVP one.

My PC Specs.

Lian Li USB 60 Aluminium Case
K7N2 DELTA2 PL.
CPU AMD XP 3200+ Barton @ 2.20 GHz
ThermalTake Volcano 10 all Copper HSF HSF Link
ThermalTake Silent PurePower 480. PSU Link
2 x 512 PC3200 vs512mb400 Corsair DUAL Channel Mode
1 WD 80 G on Pri Master
1 Maxtor 200 G on Pri Slave
1 Pioneer DVR 108 DVDRW DL+/- Secondary Master
1 TEAC DVD Secondary Slave
MSI Geforce FX 5950 VTD 256M VIVO 8x Agp
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
2 60 Gig Maxtors on the SATA
Definitely! That is what I did, it ended up costing me another $90 though. I have a Hauppauge WinTVPVR-PCI (their original PVR card) it isn't supported by any 3rd party apps. I bought a MVP to play back it's file, and LOVED it. Then I got GBPVR to play them back, with a nicer GUI, and play with the plugins.

Then I ended up buying a PVR150 card to make FULL use of GBPVR.
Cool so after spending all day reading the hardware support forum and now your reply I will give it a try.

Got the software encoder plugin as well.
DMikeM Wrote:Got the software encoder plugin as well.

I've been thinking about that also. I'd like to try it with my old WinTVPVR-PCI card. I think it actually has better quality than the PVR150. Plus it could be used without the hardware encoder for straight AVI, and webcam....

Good luck, and let us know.
Doesn't work. Or doesn't work well enough to enjoy it.
Can't get the gbpvr to display any feed from the nVidia WDM driver. Playing any AVI file is ridiculous. If they play at all the are either in a small letter box at the top of the screen or they are so far out of sync with the audio you can't possibly enjoy them. Some AVI files play for about 5 minutes then crash the system.

Is there any straight up documentation on how to set up the gbpvr front end with the MediaMVP?

I have seen a few posts regarding these issues but none seem to have any resolution. If there were resolutions maybe some sticky FAQ's about how to address these troubles would be in order.
Like:
Q: My audio is out of Sync when I play AVI files.
A: Then try this.

I have seen that the Admins and mods are really good about support here and I am in no way slamming there efforts to produce a fine experiance with this software, I just see a need to post the answers in an easy to find medium.
As for AVI's, I don't evem mess with them. The several that I have, I just converted them to mpeg2 so GBPVR plays them natively. I think that GBPVR really shines with standard mpeg2 files. And the plugins that I can use on the MVP. In the config app set MVPs to 1, and disable hauppauge MVP software. Other than that, you will have to hunt through the forums....