NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing m4a format Itunes mpegs via MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed the 3ivx filter suite on my PC and been able to play m4a formatted itunes mpegs using the "My Music" plugin in GBPVR.
I itunes playlist worked straight away as well.

Cant get these music files to play via MVP though! The little CD case pops up and the name of the tune but the counter never appears - in fact it really just hangs.
I read a little about the transcoding etc that MVP does to play Mpegs but I thought I had cracked it with the 3ivx Directshow audio decoders. Am I missing something here ? Is there a way to play these m4a formatted files via MVP?
What other options do I have if I cant ? Convert all my files using dbpoweramp? arrgh!
Can I convert my itune files on the fly before sending them to MVP?
Sorry to hijack your thread but how did u get it to play the m4a itunes songs on the PC? I've installed the 3ivx filter suite but i can't get it to play the files, it just doesn't play, much like the MVP symptoms u describe. The files are in Apple Lossless format.

Cheers for any help u can offer.
In tunes you can select a number of file formats aac, mp3, apple lossless,wav and aiff.It looks like the 3ivx decoders only appear to work with aac files
quote from web page "The Audio decoders plays back Multi-Channel High Efficiency MPEG-4 AAC Audio". Sorry but you may have to look for a specific encoder to play apple lossless.I just installed the 3iv pack and it worked right away - but I have aac (m4a) formatted music files - not apple lossless formatted music files.
I asked Hauppauge about MVP's ability in handling the itunes m4a files. They've confirmed that it doesnt at the moment but have passed my idea onto their development team for their consideration.
In the meantime I have started re-importing my cd's to convert my music to high quality mp3 files within itunes. Note If you do this, dont forget to set the id3 tags up as well. I used id3 tags ver 2.3 (I read somewhere that ver 2.4 tags didnt work) Anyway after converting my itunes to mp3 files I can now play my itunes playlists in "my music" via mvp.