NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP DivX Sync Fix (Sort of)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having all sorts of trouble getting AV sync (video lagged) with DivX...until:

I tried playing only DivX files located on separate drive than C:. I noticed in the log for Trans2MVP that it creates a "dummy" (frameserver?) .mpg file in the C:\MyVideos(my default gbpvr folder), so I thought maybe a slow disk or just disk thrashing was the culprit. Using 2 separate drives seemed to help, even though I think my PC is over 2gHz.

I guess this isn't really a "fix", but something to try if your DivX playback seems to stutter or get out of sync.

It would be nice though if there was a way to configure GBPVR to tell it where to put the temp .mpg file during transcoding, allowing users to send it to their fastest writing drive.
Can anyone else confirm this? I'm ordering parts for my server and an mvp. Ordering 2 nova-t pci cards and a 80gb drive, I already have a 200gb drive for it and maybe a 40/20gb drive kicking around. I'm currently working out what is the best way to setup these drives. I'm thinking the best way would be to install the os to my 20/40gb drive (which can store the temp mpeg2 file), have the 200gb drive for tv recording/pause mode etc abd the 80gb drive for music and maybe some mpeg4. Is it possible to set gbpvr up to utalise this??? Anyone have anyother suggestions?
-D
After you install gbpvr you'll see that it can find media on any drive/directory you tell it to look in.

There are also plugins that can be used to manage/archive/transcode your recordings, and they can be configured to use whatever drive/directories you choose.

I think you are on the right track by using different drives for different tasks, as drive contention is the biggest problem you'll face with large media files. If you want to do things like sumultaneously record a show, run comskip on previous recordings, transcode to xvid/divx....you'll need your tasks working off of separate drives for sure.

The other little divx "trick" that works for me is to transcode my mpegs to divx 360x240 instead of 720x480. At 360x240 the files are smaller and trans2mvp handles them beautifuly.