NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "Tuning" problem with V-Stream Xpert DTV DVB-T PCI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edited the bda.ini file to include the necessary info to use this card by adding

[V-Stream Xpert DTV DVB-T PCI]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=Xpert BDA DVB-T Tuner/Demod
FILTER_CAPTURE=Xpert 2388x Transport Stream Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

which seems to make sense and work at least a bit. I can now view and record live video from this source BUT it will only display/record channels in the multiplex previously selected in the software that came with the unit.

e.g. If start the software that came with the card and select BBC1 then close the software anf run GBPVR I can get all the channels in Multiplex1 if I do the same and chose Channel 4 in the OEM software I can get all the channels in Multiplex2 if I come back into GBPVR

On the face of it it looks like the Tuner/Demod is not doing anything but the Transport Stream Capture is. I had an unsuceesful play with graphEdit to try and get it running in there but in there it seems that all the tunning is actually controlled via the DVBT Network Provider which I have so far failed to get anything useful out of.

Anyone got any ideas? GBPVR looks like just what I need whereas the OEM s/w is pretty poor so I'm keen to get this working.
What version of GB-PVR are you running? v0.92.11 or an earlier version?
Yes I am using v0.92.11
Hi, I had the same problem when using this card with microsoft media center and found on a different board that you have to remove all power from the pcb, remove the power from the PC and wait for a couple of minutes, and then not use the bundled software to allow it to autotune different MUX's. I also found some better drivers here:

ftp://ftp.kworld.com.tw/V-Stream/Driver/...050613.zip

This allowed full usage of the card and a great picture quality. However I don't like the microsoft media center and tonight I will try GB PVR

Hope this helps as the picture quality is worth it!!
You beautie!!!!

I was just on the verge of shelling out for a new card to get GBPVR to work and now it looks like it's sorted.

Uninstalled my old drivers and installed the v2.2 ones. Installed the DTB-Plus apps to get the MPEG2 mux but then deleted the DTRV.exe and scheduler.exe applications and removed the Run key for the scheduler in the restistry to make sure they NEVER run. Edited the bda.ini to reference the DigiGo filters. Powered down my machine for a few minutes and now I'm Mux hoping like a pro Smile
Can you post you section added to the bda.ini?