NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Web Viewer Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well there have been dreams and wishes by some including myself to be able to surf the web on my PVR. That is not going to happen at least not in the near future.

However I start off my morning with hitting several very important pages every morning.

slashdot.org
techbargains.com

etc....

I thought it would be nice to be able to view those on my tv *STATICALLY*

You will not be able to traverse any links or fill out any forms.

Second this is extremely beta.. It should not melt your machine (no promises)

But it is to see if this is useful to everyone.

Some comments.

When you first start this up you will see a list of sites. There is a bug you can only pick the first one the first time. Hit it and then hit the blue button to pull the list up again, now you can move up and down.

There is no skinning as of yet.
If you want to add a site just copy the .url out of the documents and settings favorites into gbpvr\favorites.

Eventually we will get zoom as well.

Use the FastForward/Rewind to move up and down 1 line at a time. Use skip to move 10 lines.

Post feedback.
Jorm
Quote:Second this is extremely beta.. It should not melt your machine (no promises)
:eek: :p Big Grin

Testing now.
let me know if you think it would be useful.
I like it!
Other than the "must go to the first one before any other" bit, it's great for finding newest posts on forums, IMDB news, stuff from sites that don't have RSS, and it's graphical, which is better than rss anyhow Smile
Had real difficulties trying to figure out which keyboard keys to use (until I get some more batteries)...
On that note, anyone noticed the Hauppauge remote's tend to eat batteries?
I did fix the must go to the first site before any other.

That only occured the first time you used it. If you launch it again it would work.

I also fixed the refresh so when the site is loaded it would flip you automatically to the view. I will make some additional mods to it feel free to post suggestions / feedback. I will do another release next week. Should be a bit more functional.

I have had my hauppauge remote for over a year same batteries. But I have the basic remote.
Houston, we have a problem...
Cannot get any keyboard input to work. Sad
Links with long filenames start to look extremely strange when wrapped...maybe adjust the font size or spacing?
The background isn't needed (with the skin you're using).
The box covers the plugin name ("WebBrowser" is obscured).
> Cannot get any keyboard input to work.
Really? In the popup or when the page is displayed?

> Links with long filenames start to look extremely strange when wrapped...maybe
> adjust the font size or spacing?
In the next version I trim off more than 60 characters.

> The background isn't needed (with the skin you're using).
I am going to leave the background in since it clears the screen. I will eventually replace the background with an entire black screen. Which should accomplish the same thing with clearing.

> The box covers the plugin name ("WebBrowser" is obscured).
I will take a look at it.
i used it and just put my traffic report on it--this has great potential!!
Ydekmkji, Glad you like it.

Tipstir make sure it is above exit in the plugin list. There has been a bug for several releases that anything under exit does not get shown.
I am thinking it would be nice to hook up some xml driven popup box for forms.

We can then use things like mapquest, google maps etc....

Things that you can get in from the url like

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=coconut+creek+fl

What else can we use this for?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6