NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FusionHDTV USB settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I have a FusionHDTV USB tuner. I'm trying to set it up with gbpbr. Does anyone know what the appropriate BDA settings are? I tried selecting FusionHDTV DVB-T, but when I try to map the channels, it says that it gbtv is unable to select the device selected.
If you're talking USA HDTV, then this is not supported. The only FusionHDTV devices that work with GB-PVR are for DVB in europe/australia.
Thanks, yes I mean Australia.
Do you have BDA drivers installed?
Yes I do, thanks. The hardware and drivers run fine with the DVIco TV software - that software isn't very useful as a PVR though Sad

The drivers installed are:
FusionHDTV USB, BDA DVB-T Tuner/Demod (T7579+MT352)
FusionHDTV USB, BDA Receiver Component (DVB-T2)
FusionHDTV USB, WDM TvTuner DVB-T (Thompson7579)

Is there a reference somewhere as to what the entries in bda.ini mean? I was thinking that I might need to create a new entry for this unit.

For info: this is an external USB device. There is an antenna in port, a passthrough antenna output and a USB port (which, I presume is MPEG 2). There's also an IR remote, but I'm getting ahead of myself :-)
For reference, after re-installing .NET v1.1 (and the patch), the following needs to be added to bda.ini:

[Dvico Fusion DVB-T USB]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=Bluebird, BDA DVB-T Tuner/Demod
FILTER_CAPTURE=Bluebird, WDM TsCapture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
Cheers. I'll add that section to the master file.
I 've had my Dvico Fusion USB (atsc) for about a month. I finally put some good harware behind it (AMD 64 3200+ and 512 MB ram). I downloaded the 3.2beta drivers from Dvico and the Dvico fusion software works very well finally for OTA HDTV broadcasts. No jitters, solid playback, etc, etc. Basically no crashing or freezing.

I have been searching for a better PVR solution for obvious reasons. The dvico software is garbage for recording/scheduling.

I've downloaded the Beyond TV 4 - works pretty good with the fusion usb tuner The configuration is easy, the guide is very nice. Overall, live tv is ok, but lags a little. 1080i broadcasts consume a lot of CPU resources.

Using gbpvr, I went through the config, found the fusion usb (atsc) tuner, setup my epg. I then manually added the channels using the instructions on the wiki. The problem is everytime I go to live tv, xp crashes and it reboots.

Is anyone else using this USB tuner and the new dvico 3.2beta software drivers? Can these crashes be attributed / traced to the new drivers? Has anyone had luck with the fusion bda drivers from the dvico 3.11 software? It's just strange that things are working with Beyond TV and not with gbpvr.

On a side note: Installed FFDshow, Nvidia Purevido DVD decoder. Latest Nvidia video card drivers with GeForce MX440. My Nvidia 6600GT is in the mail on its way.

Everything else with gbpvr works.

Any help or people with similar issues with this tuner, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.

Chris
Crickert - You might want to head over to the AVS forums and check some of the threads in the HTPC section. There might be more information specific to the USB version that you have. IIRC you might be only the second person to try one of those with GBPVR.

On a side note, this crash sounds familiar to the problem I had with my F5. That boiled down to an IRQ conflict. Not sure how IRQs play into the USB picture though...
Quote:Crickert - You might want to head over to the AVS forums and check some of the threads in the HTPC section. There might be more information specific to the USB version that you have. IIRC you might be only the second person to try one of those with GBPVR.

On a side note, this crash sounds familiar to the problem I had with my F5. That boiled down to an IRQ conflict. Not sure how IRQs play into the USB picture though...

I've been following the threads over there too at AVS - the newest Dvico app and drivers in 3.2 work really well as a standalone OTA HDTV viewer in the US. They work fine for me unlike previous versions (e.g version 3.11).

I would think it was an IRQ problem if the tuner crashed the Dvico app too but it does not. I can watch and manually record fine.

XP Pro (fresh install) only crashes whenever I attempt to initiate Live TV in gbpvr. I get an Object Reference error. I looked in the logs but can't really interpret what is going wrong.
Pages: 1 2