NextPVR Forums

Full Version: K-World VS-LTV7131RF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The K-World VS-LTV7131RF says it has a hadware MPEG2 encoder. Does anyone know what chip it uses and if it is compatiple with any of the supported cards? It seems to be availabe just about everywhere (in the US) for under $30.

http://www.kworldcomputer.com/product/St...nator.html
lseats Wrote:Does anyone know what chip it uses and if it is compatiple with any of the supported cards?

The picture on that web-page suggests a Philips7131 - don't know if that's compatible...
It doesnt have an hardware MPEG2 encoder. Its a software encoder card.

When it says "Real-Time MPEG 4/2/1 Encoding", it means "software MPEG 4/2/1 Encoding with many skipped frames".
Dont get it, looks like a piece of crap. Similiar to the ATI cards
That's a pretty sneaky way of making people think it does have hardware encoding. I even saw it posted elsewhere that it does -- The poster was led down the garden path just like me I guess.

sub Wrote:It doesnt have an hardware MPEG2 encoder. Its a software encoder card.

When it says "Real-Time MPEG 4/2/1 Encoding", it means "software MPEG 4/2/1 Encoding with many skipped frames".