NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MediaMVP vs NetGear MP115 vs DLINK DSM320 etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the pro's and cons of various Network media players. I'm on the market for one and trying to get info on the pro's and cons of them all is hard work at present.

I just trialled a SMC Wireless player and the playback quality of my Hauppauge 500mce captured video was FLAWLESS - REALLY NICE quality! But the catch is this STUPID device can't FFW or RWD which is useless for Ad's etc. Does the MVP do good skipping in and does it ad-skip with Comskip when used with GBPVR's server software?

One other nice product was from http://www.buffalotech.com - Its a DVD Player with progressive scan and wireless/ethernet media player all in one. And its DIVX certified as well to boot although this is for the bedroom tv and I'll really only want to playback stuff in MPEG2 format video'd from TV.

Any advice out there from owners of any like products?

Cheers!
The biggest advantage has to go to the MediaMVP, which displays the normal GB-PVR interface. The others can effectively only play files from a share.
To be honest sub that would be a perc - but one I could live without. Its only for the odd show so the main criteria is playback quality and the ability to FFW and RWD and Ideally skip ads.

Does what you are saying mean you get the full playback interface when playing? So you can skip ads?

If so from what I've seen the Media MVP is also the cheapest of them that I can get wholesale get. Probably cause its not wireless but I get crap wireless strength anyway due to Silver Paper lining the Walls of the office as they were exterior walls once. Doesn't really bother me as I don't use it much but I wouldn't get enough strength for playback anyway. Oh well - just gotta talk the Mrs into it now!