NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MCE remote in ASUS Pundit-R not working: Unknown device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a ASUS Pundit-R, bios 1005, with a PVR-150 MCE installed.

I bought a MCE remote and plugged it in, but it doesn't get recognised properly. It's found as an unknown device. This happens on a MCE 2005 NL and MCE 2005 UK install. ( I re-installed a couple of times). I guess I need MCE in order to have GBPVR use the MCE supplied drivers ?

Searching for another driver ( I found the Ehome USB drivers on the net) doesn't help. It states that the software is not suitable for the hardware or something. When I plug in the USB receiver in a Win2003 machine (ASUS T2-P barebone) it get's recognised as Ehome receiver. So it's not the USB receiver. I double checked by plugging in the USB receiver in a PC in the shop where I bought the damn thing.

I also tried installing XP prof. No eHome device found.

Is it the Pundit that's causing problems ? Anyone using a Pundit-R in combination with the MCE USB receiver ?

The model of the receiver is 1.0a. modeltype 1040.

Please help me !
Try installing the drivers from here: http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/MceRemote

I have an MCE2004 remote, and didnt need to install drivers for that, but my understanding is the MCE2005 remote needs drivers.
Hi Sub,
I've tried that, but nothing. Also tried the MS update rollup for the eHome receiver. Nothing.

But I did some additional searching.

So, I have a Pundit-R, bios 1005
I run WinXP MCE 2005 UK. I have a microsoft MCE 2005 remote, but it doesn't get recognised. The device is found as Unknown Device.

When I plug in the MCE IR receiver in any of my other PC's, it gets recognised as eHome Infrared Receiver.

In the properties of the device in the Pundit-R it says:
Device instance ID: USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&6619684&0&3
Hardware IDs USB\Unknown
Compatible ID's USB\Unknown
Matching Device ID USB\Unknown

In another PC, where the device is displayed as Ehome IR Receiver, the properties are:
Device instance ID: USB\VID_0471&PID_0815\PH000RCJ
Hardware IDs USB\Vid_0471&Pid_0815&Rev_000
USB\Vid_0471&Pid_0815
Compatible ID's USB\Class_ff&SubClass_ff&Prot_ff
USB\Class_ff&SubClass_ff
USB\Class_ff
Matching Device ID USB\Vid_0471&Pid_0815

The OS on both machines is identical. Looks like the Pundit motherboard does not recognise the USB receiver properly.

How can I fix this ? I really need the MCE IR Receiver on the Pundit-R, not the other PC

Kind regards,
Edwin
Sorry, I've got no idea. I've never used one of these.

It does sound like your Pundit is doing something strange.
Edwin 10,
Try to reinstall the Universal host controller, it workt for me on a Asus Machine when I hade a simillar problem.
Besides the remote problems, what do you think about the Pundit? I am thinking of geting one to my next project.
Is it loud?
Is it room for 2X fullsize pci cards?
When the case is vertical have you hade any problems whit the dvd-drive?