NextPVR Forums

Full Version: AOpen EA65 - serial remote support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I have just finished building an AOpen EA65 system to function as my main system *and* pvr.....let me tell you this baby rocks, it is so much quieter than the Shuttles, there is really no comparison.

Anyway, one great thing the EA65 comes with is a remote control, whose IR receiver is integrated into the front of the case. This receiver has a semi-proprietary serial connection to the motherboard. Media Portal has native support for it as a "SerialUIR" remote type, but there does not seem to be similar support in GBPVR.

Is there a GBPVR plugin to support SerialUIR remote types? Or is another solution possible with girder? Please describe as if I were (were??) a noob. Smile

Thanks!
Quote:Is there a GBPVR plugin to support SerialUIR remote types?
No sorry, there is no direct support for this in GB-PVR.

Quote:Or is another solution possible with girder?
I'm guessing girder will have some solution for this, as it seems to have plugins for heaps of these types of things. Unfortunately I'm a Girder noob so cant really give you any pointers. Have you done a search on the Girder forums at http://girder.nl?
sub, would it somehow be possible to add in this support as a plugin? I've got a great deal of programming experience and wouldn't mind the challenge.....as importantly as anything though, I'd like it to be able to catch the remote signals regardless of whether it's the "foreground" app. It seems that this is possible in girder, could native support be possible in gbpvr?
I dont currently have an interface for this type of plugin, so your best bet is to write an external program that waits for events from the remote, then translates these into keystokes and sends them to the GB-PVR app. The is much how the Hauppauge IR remote app works (as an external app).

You can send keystokes to an app even if it's not in the foreground.