NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Changing channels on silver samsung NTL set top box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am looking for a little advice on how to change the channels on my set top box. I have a new silver samsung box that has replace the hideously unreliable pace one. I also have a red-eye serial ir sender. This was all working fine on my old setup, but I am having some problems with the new.
I've change the protocol that the red-eye is using to rc5, and the reddemo program is working fine.
However, I'm using the command line program from the red-eye site to change channel within gbpvr, and it doesn't seem to work properly. It is almost as if the channel numbers are being sent too fast and the box isn't responding to all the numbers.
Can anyone tell me what settings they are using in this situation? I am looking forward to getting my new pvr box all up and running!

Cheers!
The settings I've got are ;-

-port=com1 "={channel}"

It works almost always, I find I have to reboot the STB about once every ten days to get the channel changing working reliably
cameluk Wrote:The settings I've got are ;-

-port=com1 "={channel}"

It works almost always, I find I have to reboot the STB about once every ten days to get the channel changing working reliably

Thanks. Out of interest, how are you connecting your set top box to your pvr350? If you are using the RF out, what channel are you tuning to in the capture settings?
I'm splitting the composite out from the scart lead between the STB and the TV
cameluk Wrote:The settings I've got are ;-

-port=com1 "={channel}"

Hmmmm - I've got .{channel}
I understand the . gives a pause, and I thought that this had sorted my problem out.
But, it seems that I am having problems with channels with numbers that start with a repeat digit (for example UKTV Drama on channel 110) in this instant, the repeat digit is ignored and so I get 10 instead of 110.
Do you have the zero pad channel numbers and use three digit channel numbers options on or off?
I'm bumping this up the list as I am still having problems with changing channels on my stb. Can anyone offer any advice, or shed any light?
I have spent ages fiddling around with this, and have come up with the solution of sending the enter/ok command after the channel number. This results in the following command line passed to the channel changer:

-port=com1 "!={channel}o"

Hope this is of use to others out there!

Cheers,

john