NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2x Nova-t (90002) PCI Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 Hauppauge Nova-t (90002) DVB cards. Latest drivers now support having 2 cards on 1 PC. I was wondering does gbpvr support having more than one TV card? More importantly will it allow me to watch one channel & record on another or record off both? at the same time? Smile
In theory you should be able to if the drivers support more than one device in a machine. I know bgowland has two Nova-T's in the one machine, but I'm not sure what version they are.
Thanks for quick reply! There have been a number of updates on the drivers since the end of May when the multi-card support started from Hauppauge. Well I guess the best way to find out is to give this a go. Media Portal is zapping my CPU & I sometimes wonder if it recognizes both tuners as recordings don't always start.
I'll keep you informed. Thanks again! Smile
Just spotted sub taking my name in vain here. Smile

As you say in your previous post - just give it a go - you already have the hardware so it won't cost you anything to try it out.

There are a few of us who have 2x Nova-t 90002 cards so search the forums for any comments/experiences. I have to admit I still have a love-hate relationship with my two. The cards themselves on their own seem to be good and I can't fault recording quality or Live TV although I generally don't use GB-PVR for Live TV on a regular basis. I would say, however that if your main use for two cards is to watch one channel when recording another I'd guess you ought to get good results - my problems and those of others are generally when two recordings are happening at the same time.

You'll probably need to experiment to find which MPEG2 mux filter works best for you. Most people have had poor results with the InterVideo mux. Generally using a ShowShifter mux has been most stable for me although the latest is causing me problems. Other people find one of the Cyberlink muxes does the trick for them although GB-PVR Recording Service crashes are not uncommon with some versions.

Anyway, give it a go. I've tried all of the Haupppauge drivers that support dual Novas and am currently on the latest. I can't say I've noticed better or worse results with any of them and the key seems to be the mux filter although, if you are using Live Preview mode when watching Live TV then the mux isn't important as it doesn't come in to play. That's one less complication.

Cheers,
Brian
New WHQL drivers released today:
http://www.dayc.vispa.com/files/nova/88x...8_WHQL.zip

If you're currently on 23151 drivers these should fix stuttering problems.