NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Is MyBlaster USB compatible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to determine the best method for remote control capabilities with the GB-PVR and MediaMVP to control a satelite receiver. Can anyone confirm wether the MyBlaster USB (IR Blaster) is compatible with the GB-PVR? I've read a few strings in the forum that mention some problems with MyBlaster, but the Chanel Changer setup has the option a MyBlaster IR plugin.

Is anyone using this successfully?
Nah, I dont think works anymore.

I cant get my MyBlaster RF USB to work with any software (I think its dead), which means I'm no longer supporting it.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a product out there that will work in this scenario:

I will control the MediaMVP in a different room than the PC (GBPVR server), but the PC and satelite receiver are in the same room, but not near each other.

So what I am looking for is an IR blaster than can receive the signal via the LAN connection and have the signal strength to communicate with the satelite receiver across the room.

Is it possible?
USB-UIRT should do the job, or the IR Blaster that came with the PVR150.
Will the GB-PVR/USB UIRT combo automatically change to the appropriate channel on the satelite receiever in order to record a scheduled program? Or is it ncessary to manually plan ahead and have the receiver on the right channel at the program time ?

Sub - where are your intructions so I can make a PayPal donation? You deserve it several times over.

Thanks-
If I understand what you're doing, that's exactly my setup.

PC running GBPVR and a USB UIRT sitting next to my Dish reciever in the computer room.

MVP sitting in the living room a few walls away.

GBPVR is able to change channels on the sat receiver as needed to record.

If I bring up Live TV on the MVP, GBPVR also changes channels on the sat receiver as requested by the MVP.
Quote:Will the GB-PVR/USB UIRT combo automatically change to the appropriate channel on the satelite receiever in order to record a scheduled program? Or is it ncessary to manually plan ahead and have the receiver on the right channel at the program time ?
Yes, it'll automatically change channels for you. Admittedly, I'm not sure about the range, I've only used it a couple of feet away from the receiver, but I guess it'd also work across a room.

Quote:Sub - where are your intructions so I can make a PayPal donation? You deserve it several times over
Just click the donate button in the top right of the page...